The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from one university and applying to another, Gift years and CPR

Hi,
My situation is quite complex so bear with...
In 2021 I started on a degree but became unwell in the november and suspended until this academic year to restart first year (2022/23). I completed the CPR process to get another year of funding but when a approached SFE they said that I should use the gift year first and only apply for CPR funding if somthing happens in the future. I'm not happy on my course and would like to change. I've already used my gift year so I will have to apply for CPR funding retrospectively. Is this possible? an how?
thanks,
Mia
Original post by Miafoden01
Hi,
My situation is quite complex so bear with...
In 2021 I started on a degree but became unwell in the november and suspended until this academic year to restart first year (2022/23). I completed the CPR process to get another year of funding but when a approached SFE they said that I should use the gift year first and only apply for CPR funding if somthing happens in the future. I'm not happy on my course and would like to change. I've already used my gift year so I will have to apply for CPR funding retrospectively. Is this possible? an how?
thanks,
Mia

Hi Mia,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

If you have Compelling Personal Reasons evidence (CPR) then it would be best to send this if you're looking to change course. The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Mia,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

If you have Compelling Personal Reasons evidence (CPR) then it would be best to send this if you're looking to change course. The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,
Thanks for clarifying.
Do I have to withdraw from my current course before applying for CPR funding for another university? or can I apply whilst still being registered on my current university course?
Thanks again,
Mia
Original post by Miafoden01
Hi Claire,
Thanks for clarifying.
Do I have to withdraw from my current course before applying for CPR funding for another university? or can I apply whilst still being registered on my current university course?
Thanks again,
Mia

Hi Mia,

Yes, you can apply for CPR now even if you're still registered on your current course.

Feel free to upload any evidence to us digitally and the assessors will let you know if this is acceptable.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending