This discussion is closed.
_EMMA_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ponjavic)
All muscles are controlled by nerves? :confused:
muscles we can feel, like the reflex thing are controlled by nerves. but the muscles in the intestines?
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
muscles we can feel, like the reflex thing are controlled by nerves. but the muscles in the intestines?
Part of the ANS? As timeofyourlife or what his/her name is which is in the brain? :/ Just as heartbeats and breathing
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well they should be controlled by nerves (or as I call it red bonemarrow ) in the spine still :/
the diaphragm is controlled by a nerve called the phrenic nerve which is formed from spinal roots of the C3, 4 and 5 vertebrae. A lot of actions of the autonomic nervous system are controlled by cranial nerves such as the vagus. these nerves originate directly from the brain, not the spine - so some nerves do by-pass the spinal cord.
ponjavic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
the diaphragm is controlled by a nerve called the phrenic nerve which is formed from spinal roots of the C3, 4 and 5 vertebrae. A lot of actions of the autonomic nervous system are controlled by cranial nerves such as the vagus. these nerves originate directly from the brain, not the spine - so some nerves do by-pass the spinal cord.
Managed to say brain before you did yey
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Part of the ANS? As timeofyourlife or what his/her name is which is in the brain? :/ Just as heartbeats and breathing
va?

and timeofyourlife is a he.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
muscles in the intestine are regulated by nerves of the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems, such as the vagus nerve.

the intestines also have their own nervous system, the enteric nervous system, which controls things like secretions and motility and is located in the walls of intestinal tubes.
ponjavic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
va?

and timeofyourlife is a he.
Svensk? :P
Acaila
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I do something that sounds like this. If I'm thinking really hard about something I breathe very lightly i.e. not taking much air in so it looks to people like I'm not breathing at all. Eventually I kinda snap out of this and have to breathe deeply for ages to get back to normal.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Yeah. So you admit that breathing isn't instinctive? :p:
not at all, it's just that the 'instinct' can be overrided
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
not at all, it's just that the 'instinct' can be overrided
It disappears, more like
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Care to run that by us again with some sort of clarity?
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
I do something that sounds like this. If I'm thinking really hard about something I breathe very lightly i.e. not taking much air in so it looks to people like I'm not breathing at all. Eventually I kinda snap out of this and have to breathe deeply for ages to get back to normal.
I do that too =/ That's kinda weird, you try and see if you can actually do it without your chest moving right?
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Svensk? :P
yes,i have told you that once before.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
It disappears, more like
Well what do you want, blood?! Stop thinking about it and gear your mind towards happy thoughts not involving breathing!
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well what do you want, blood?! Stop thinking about it and gear your mind towards happy thoughts not involving breathing!
Blood sounds good
ponjavic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Care to run that by us again with some sort of clarity?
Sorry seemed to miss out on a mentioned somewhere.
If you coulnd't get that ok, but otherwise you're starting to make me uncomfortable, not fair really you're older, obviously got the language better and are a med student
ponjavic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes,i have told you that once before.
Va!?
In this thread?
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sorry seemed to miss out on a mentioned somewhere.
If you coulnd't get that ok, but otherwise you're starting to make me uncomfortable, not fair really you're older, obviously got the language better and are a med student
your language is fine, you just have to explain what you mean more. and don't write just words
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Va!?
In this thread?
no i sent you a pm
ponjavic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
your language is fine, you just have to explain what you mean more. and don't write just words
Shh, as long as I can blame it on the language I will be able to do things worse than others! :mad:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads