The Student Room Group

Coastal sediment budget

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
i have a question about dynamic equilibrium and the coastal sediment budget and how they are like linked?
i have looked in textbooks and google but i have seen nothing about dynamic equilibrium in coastal sediment budgets.
could i have some help? thank you :smile:)
what's the question? dynamic equillibrium in terms of sediment budget could be things like the fact that constructive waves tend to deposit more than they erode, whihc leads to a beach becoming built up and therefore leading to the propagation of destructive waves, which then erode the beach. Another example could be the formation of a beach, which then reduces cliff erosion and leads to less sediment being eroded, so therefore the beach slowly shrinks and so on, same could be said of offshore bars (another sediment sink)

don't know if this is what you were asking for but hope it helps :smile:
Original post by Fire dude
what's the question? dynamic equillibrium in terms of sediment budget could be things like the fact that constructive waves tend to deposit more than they erode, whihc leads to a beach becoming built up and therefore leading to the propagation of destructive waves, which then erode the beach. Another example could be the formation of a beach, which then reduces cliff erosion and leads to less sediment being eroded, so therefore the beach slowly shrinks and so on, same could be said of offshore bars (another sediment sink)

don't know if this is what you were asking for but hope it helps :smile:

ty this is helpful!!!!!! and the question was
"describe the relationship between the coastal sediment budget and dynamic equilibrium. "

Quick Reply

Latest