The Student Room Group

Relationship problem

Hello

I've been super stressed recently as this is my 2nd relationship and we've been together jusg over a year. Its been the most healthy relationship we've and I was super comfortable and never worried. My boyfriend has always been quite attached in a good way and always planned our future together. However the other day out of the blue he voiced about how he realised he needed space to be successful and he wasn't sure about the possibility we'd ne together in the future. It was quite a shock to me as he's never said anything like that and he's always been super invested qbd attached. I completely understand what he's saying but the shock of it has given me quite bad anxiety recently qnd I'm worried that it's starting to produce toxic thoughts. Like now I'm overthrowing wether I'm replying too early etc or like basically just over thinking all the ways we show affection and I'm trying to force myself to not care but I was just so comfortable and now I'm do anxious and I'm just overprinting everything and I don't want it to become toxic. I've voiced my worries to him qnd he promises he didn't mean it negatively and he was just thinking about the future but the fact ot was so out of the blue is playing on my mind.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get my trust In it back qnd stop over thinking as I don't want to sabotage it
Original post by Sophiemall2k
Hello

I've been super stressed recently as this is my 2nd relationship and we've been together jusg over a year. Its been the most healthy relationship we've and I was super comfortable and never worried. My boyfriend has always been quite attached in a good way and always planned our future together. However the other day out of the blue he voiced about how he realised he needed space to be successful and he wasn't sure about the possibility we'd ne together in the future. It was quite a shock to me as he's never said anything like that and he's always been super invested qbd attached. I completely understand what he's saying but the shock of it has given me quite bad anxiety recently qnd I'm worried that it's starting to produce toxic thoughts. Like now I'm overthrowing wether I'm replying too early etc or like basically just over thinking all the ways we show affection and I'm trying to force myself to not care but I was just so comfortable and now I'm do anxious and I'm just overprinting everything and I don't want it to become toxic. I've voiced my worries to him qnd he promises he didn't mean it negatively and he was just thinking about the future but the fact ot was so out of the blue is playing on my mind.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get my trust In it back qnd stop over thinking as I don't want to sabotage it

Ik you love him but you have to consider that everyone has a life out of love. You have to accept his decisions and not force him into anything. Just stay busy and spend quality time. If he was really serious am sure he will be back and if not just know that it might be over between you two. Sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest