The Student Room Group

Advance Highers

To get into most universities to study medicine i need 2 advanced highers, but im only allowed to take 1 this year due to poor grades. So my question is that can i take advance higher biology after s6 and still get into a medicine course at Uni
I would check with admissions teams directly but where would you do an AH as don't think they are widely available.
Reply 2
Presumably, since you are talking about advanced highers, you are applying to Scottish medical schools. As far as I know, and you could probably research that pretty quickly given there are only 5, you need 5 highers gained in 5th year and AT LEAST 2 advanced highers in 6th year. What qualifications do you have so far?
Reply 3
Original post by Jaykk
Presumably, since you are talking about advanced highers, you are applying to Scottish medical schools. As far as I know, and you could probably research that pretty quickly given there are only 5, you need 5 highers gained in 5th year and AT LEAST 2 advanced highers in 6th year. What qualifications do you have so far?

I have Higher maths, english, chemistry, pe and human biology. Also im taking advanced higher english along with higher history and accounting
Reply 4
Original post by Stevendry
I have Higher maths, english, chemistry, pe and human biology. Also im taking advanced higher english along with higher history and accounting

So you have 5 highers? What grades? Are you WP? I think the minimum is 2 advanced highers in any case from your 6th year studies.

Quick Reply

Latest