Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes homosexuality is of, course, a choice. I would love the choice to live the life of a persecuted minority, where i have lesser social rights than a heterosexual, where i lose friends and family and faith, In fact I generally love the way if I want to I can just pack up my happiness and spend years psychologically adjusting. I mean I would just kill for the opportunity to come out, that must be so much fun, or maybe just living a lie? married with kids when i feel nothing for my wife? or just lying to everybody who i love because im scared of hurting them or losing them......or even being a victim of the frightening high level of homophobic hate crime!

i do hope ive made my point

ReputationRep:
    IS homo.. in the genes of people?

YES or NO

ReputationRep:
    I believe Kinsey reasearch on sexuality, which means we all are situated somewhere on a scale. Ie being totally homosexual or totally heterosexual is highly rare. Will you polease listent o what i have said and stop repeating yourself? I belive we are born with sexual orientation and it can vary during your lifetime. But ultimately there is no choice involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gentilhomme)
    Answer this
    IS homo.. in the genes of people?
    there has been some evidence to suggest this, yes, I think it's something to do with that the average size of some part of a brain is bigger in gay men than straight men but don't quote me on it.

I know that man in genral is attracted to what has been refused to him. So in my mind It is VERY clear that this action is wrong,
    these two sentences make absolutely No sense to me, I mean really am i misuderstanding you or something? "man is attraced to what he cant have... so being gay is wrong" WHAT?! Explain yourself!

ReputationRep:
    homosexuality is in the gene (supposedly)
    do you agree that homo.. couple cant have children(litteral sense, not adopted ...)

ReputationRep:
    yes i belive that gay men can't have children.

ReputationRep:
    i agree that i didnt quite say what i wanted, i omited some points but dont want to go back

ReputationRep:
    homosexuality is in the gene (supposedly)
    do you agree that homo.. couple cant have children(litteral sense, not adopted ...)
    again: WHAT are you talking about? Are we losing something in the translation here??? the answer to your question seems simple - two gay men cannot have children, one gay man and a woman can have children - really, what are you trying to say with this question?

ReputationRep:
    i agree that i didnt quite say what i wanted, i omited some points but dont want to go back
    because you are full of **** and don't know what the hel you are talking about... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Homo.. is in the gene (supposedly)
    Homo.. couples cant have kids ( a fact)

therfore from Natural selection we can pretty much say that homosexuality should have disappeared long ago in both animals and humans alike? right

ReputationRep:
    I think he is about to make the point that if its genetic then why cant they reproduce? Ie. population issues. I don't think I wish to shoot down this point with daggers until I hear it from gentilhomme himself tho

ReputationRep:

therfore from Natural selection we can pretty much say that homosexuality should have disappeared long ago in both animals and humans alike? right
    Here we jolly well go..............

ReputationRep:
    HEnce if from natural selection homosexuality should have disappeared millions of years ago then how come there is still some homo people in our midst

ReputationRep:
    Therfor strengthening my point that homosexuality is indeed a choice and not natural

ReputationRep:
    HEnce if from natural selection homosexuality should have disappeared millions of years ago
    Wrong you idiot, if homosexuality is genetic (which it probably is) then it is obviously a mutation of some kind you assume that we can only get genes from are parents which is clearly not true otherwise evolution would not exist. natural selection relies on the occurence of mutations in our genes. the fact is homosexuality as an unavoidable condition exists. If it were a choice, caused by some twisted thinking in humans, then how would you explain its existence in the animal kingdom?

Oh that's right, you wouldn't you would probably just repeat yourself over and over, spouting crap and stringing together words into sentences that are totally meaningless.

Do us all a favour and shut the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    yeh the same way diseases have died out? give me a break and do some homework

ReputationRep:
    OK you wicked, indoctrinated, ridiculous people(not everyone except those who insult like thekillerock) here are my last words

Everyone sees the same thing in different way, you have chosen that it is acceptable while 30%(those who partake in the poll) have judged like my that it is unaxceptable let us not insult one another and accept one another sense of moral.

ReputationRep:
    No they have not decided it is unacceptable at all. Read the thread. They have decided that you can jusitfy disliking homosexual people. I started the thread. I asked the question. Maybe you should sod off to the 'is homosexuality right?' thread as that is what you are arguing. The root of this debate is whether prejudice is justifiable. There is a word for people like you : muppet.

ReputationRep:
    And for the record, if 30% had decided it was unacceptable I would question their morality to the end. And I am yet to come across a compelling argument to support homophobic prejudice.

ReputationRep:
    Of course homo is genetic: we are genetically and by heredity homo sapiens. If you mean that homosexuality is hereditary: so what? If human beings do somthing it is natural. Homosexual activity- unlike other equally natural activities such as murder- does no harm. Some people enjoy it. If they do not force other people why not let them do what they please?
    An inaccuracy. Homosexual couples can have children. A famous example is Sir Harold Nicholson and his wife Victoria Sackville-West. Other homosexuals have also had children: Oscar Wilde had children,for an obvious instance.

again, this isn't so. Natural selection ensures the survival of genes, not individuals. If- say- a homosexual aunt or uncle does forgo reproduction, but ensures that their sisters' or brothers' children have a better chance of surviving and reproducing the genetically their genes are handed on and will last.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.