Homophobia: valid opinion or mindless prejudice? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
No - the question was, why is homosexual sex seen as abnormal or normal.

I gave a possible reason why some heterosexual people would see it as abnormal.

As a female I can state that anal sex would not lead to orgasm without being accompanied by simultaneous stimulation elsewhere - and I suspect the same would be true for homosexual sex.

I am sorry if this offends some posters, but my intention was purely to rationalise the feelings of some heterosexuals on why homosexual copulation is seen as abnormal by them and it comes down to anatomy.
I'm pretty confident that orgasm can be achieved by either means. But I think we're being slightly anal here (excuse the pun). The fact of the matter is that the goal in either case is pleasure and in either case, that is what is achieved to varying degrees, so what makes one method anymore abnormal than the other (considering only the pursuit of pleasure here, not sex for reproduction's sake)?
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:reddy: + :worm: = :top:

im not homophobe!!
katiesado
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
As a female I can state that anal sex would not lead to orgasm without being accompanied by simultaneous stimulation elsewhere - and I suspect the same would be true for homosexual sex.
this is not necessarily true...10% of females can orgasm solely from breast stimulation, people can orgasm just through fantasy and dreams without ever being physically touched, not to mention fetishists, certain sects of buddhist monks believe that orgasm using just the mind and meditation (while remaining completely celibate) is the key to enlightenment, so it seems likely that for some significant percentage of the population orgasm through anal sex can be acheived seeing as there's no straightforward means to acheive orgasm. it can't be deemed a depraved act that derives no pleasure nor can it be called strictly a homosexual act. shall we judge all methods of sexual pleasure as depraved simply because it's not vagina/penis intercourse. also consider that only around 10% of women can orgasm through intercourse alone. how unhappy would 90% of females be all around the world.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
Wrong.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Wrong.
I'll take your word for it duckie
sekhmet
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
The amount of people who advocate this view but crave to have anal sex with the opposite sex in quite ironic.
What i find quite ironic and every hypocritical that most of the boys in my class hate gay men but wouldn't say no to lesbians.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sekhmet)
What i find quite ironic and every hypocritical that most of the boys in my class hate gay men but wouldn't say no to lesbians.
i find that disturbing too.

i wish people were at least consistent. if you are fine with gays, then thats alright. if you arent, then thats alright too but dont arse about saying lesbianism is a different case.
Fluxy
Report 14 years ago
I think I read that over evolution your arse evolved but it was a sex organ. Anal sex can stimulate men to a full orgasm. The 'suspector' above, is wrong.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
10%
No (9)
90%

Watched Threads