Homophobia: valid opinion or mindless prejudice? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zarathustra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gentilhomme)
i dont think anyone is predestined to like the same sex or the opposite it is not something that one consult us about or have a say in it.
Not sure I entirely understand this sentence (since, lets face it, it doesn't make sense), but you appear to be saying that homosexuality is not a matter of determinism or something that people have a say in. Care to clarify?
Every thing is in pairs so are humans and animals. do you see any animal which is homo if dna was to blame for sexuality then we should see many animals which are homo as they donot have any conscience to object it.
1) "Everything is in pairs". Two men = a pair. Two women = a pair. Straight people having threesomes = not a pair. Whoops human sexual behaviour doesn't seem to be adequately policed by your "pair" argument!
therefor the question is why are some lesser human doing something that even animal not indulge in doing.????? ( i am not prejudistic simply giving opinion)
No, you ARE prejudiced - you just referred to homosexual people as "lesser humans".
Re: animals. Look up pretty much any of the past threads on homosexuality and you'll find thoughtfully researched posts detailing evidence of animal "homosexuality" - I don't have anything to hand, but hopefully one of the authors will jump in and repeat themselves (since people never seem to listen) here.
the whole essence of sex is to procreate (and a bit of fun) so how are homo going to reproduce.
Whoops! You just condemned: a) anyone who's ever practiced oral sex, b) anyone who's ever masturbated, c) anyone who's ever used a condom / pill / any other form of contraception, d) any infertile male that's ever had sex, e) any woman unable to conceive that's ever had sex, f) anyone who's had an abortion, g) any (gay or straight) person that's ever had anal sex...geesh, Hell must be pretty overcrowded these days :eek:
Homosexuality should be clasified as a crime against humanity and life
You are an idiot.
This idea of even discussing homosexuality discustes me
P*ss off then.

ZarathustraX
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i
the whole essence of sex is to procreate (and a bit of fun) so how are homo going to reproduce.
So you've never had sex wearing a condom or gone for the "quick withdrawal" I take it? I bang my wife frequently; it doesn't result in a child every time. :rolleyes:
Gentilhomme
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Through popular demand i had to clarify my self on the whole essence of sex talk.
i clearly said procreate meaning implicitly different sexes having sex and to avoid these kind of attention said FUN therfore
piemonster411
Report 14 years ago
Homosexuals constitute a serious threat to humanity

if every1 was a homosexual then the human race would die out
so it is natural that we are afraid of them

not necessarily my view but it is an argument nethertheless
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by piemonster411)
Homosexuals constitute a serious threat to humanity

so it is natural that we are afraid of them

not necessarily my view but it is an argument nethertheless
Well it wouldnt happen really as
a) males and females could still have sex to procreate
b) the technology is there for females to be artificially inseminated.

Not really an argument
piemonster411
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
a) males and females could still have sex to procreate
could have sex but wont because they are all gay

b) the technology is there for females to be artificially inseminated.
Yes but what would be the point in creating more people if every1 is just going to be gay
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
could have sex but wont because they are all gay
I think to save the population people wouldnt mind

Yes but what would be the point in creating more people if every1 is just going to be gay
Cause people will still want to be parents and bring up kids. just becasue they'll be gay doesnt make them any less important
piemonster411
Report 14 years ago

Cause people will still want to be parents and bring up kids. just becasue they'll be gay doesnt make them any less important
It may not make them n e less important. But it does make them less qualified and acceptable than normal heterosexual parents. How can a gay person have a desire to have sex with same sex and not produce offspring but want to bring up children???
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It may not make them n e less important. But it does make them less qualified and acceptable than normal heterosexual parents. How can a gay person have a desire to have sex with same sex and not produce offspring but want to bring up children???
Cause the desire to have children doesnt always go away just because they are homosexual. In the scenerio you had everyone is gay so that would be the norm so there would be no debate as to the suitability of homosexual parents.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If everyone was a homosexual there would be different ways in life, perhaps immortality or something. If everyone were murderers we would lie out too...
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Through popular demand i had to clarify my self on the whole essence of sex talk.
i clearly said procreate meaning implicitly different sexes having sex and to avoid these kind of attention said FUN therfore
Then you are thick since procreate does not mean different sexes having sex. It means "To beget and conceive offspring; reproduce" Please use a dictionary in future.

And as far as "fun" is concerned, can I ask you how you arrive at the assumption that gay sex isn't "fun"? Ever tried it?
piemonster411
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Then you are thick since procreate does not mean different sexes having sex. It means "To beget and conceive offspring; reproduce" Please use a dictionary in future.
Well have u ever seen a gay person conceive offspring?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No. Can you not follow the thread? Please try and keep up.
piemonster411
Report 14 years ago
No. Can you not follow the thread? Please try and keep up.

I have followed the thread. You posted that someone was thick to assume that to procreate suggested heterosexual couples were to conceive offspring. I posted a response to this which is situated above.

Maybe you should try and think about what you post before you do so
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have followed the thread. You posted that someone was thick to assume that to procreate suggested heterosexual couples were to conceive offspring. I posted a response to this which is situated above.

Maybe you should try and think about what you post before you do so
Look, you dim-witted individual. I'll do this in Mickey Mouse language for you.

Firstly, Gentlehomme's view was "that the whole essence of (heterosexual) sex is to procreate (and a bit of fun)"

My response was that heterosexuals do not procreate every time they have sex.

He then said "i clearly said procreate meaning implicitly different sexes having sex"

Now, procreate doesn't mean different sexes having sex does it? Obviously different sexes need to have sex in order to procreate (I do know that :rolleyes: ) so while procreation depends on this act the act does not necessarily result in procreation every time (hence my reference to the dictionary)

Now fcuk off.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Firstly, Gentlehomme's view was "that the whole essence of (heterosexual) sex is to procreate (and a bit of fun)"

He then said "i clearly said procreate meaning implicitly different sexes having sex"

Now, procreate doesn't mean different sexes having sex does it? Obviously different sexes need to have sex in order to procreate (I do know that :rolleyes: ) so while procreation depends on this act the act does not necessarily result in procreation every time (hence my reference to the dictionary)

Now fcuk off.
or if your detractors are to be believed, "procreate off".
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Depends how you mean conceive. Homosexual women (who are also 'gay') can be fertilised by a sperm donation. Also if there is one homosexual couple (two men) then one of them can change their gender in order to have a child of their own.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
In my personal opinion homophobia is disgusting, but I wanna know what you all think, do I have the right to hate it? What do you think?
Yes, its mindless prejudice. Although, in many cases, so is being attracted to the opposite sex.
piemonster411
Report 14 years ago

Now fcuk off
You contradict yourself here

Now, procreate doesn't mean different sexes having sex does it?
So here u say that procreation doesnt mean having sex

Obviously different sexes need to have sex in order to procreate
Here u say that different sexes need to have sex in order to procreate - hence it does mean having sex

so while procreation depends on this act the act does not necessarily result in procreation every time (hence my reference to the dictionary)
Well done, u have obviously managed to get to grips with the very difficult concept of contraception
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You contradict yourself here
Give us definitions of "sexual intercourse" and of "procreation" that you are happy with.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads