The Student Room Group

uni Leeds Nottingham bath

Hi, has anyone else got any offers from bath Leeds or Nottingham or going to Any of their offer holders days?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmarina
Hi, has anyone else got any offers from bath Leeds or Nottingham or going to Any of their offer holders days?

I applied from two of the universities of what you mentioned, Nottingham ane Leeds. I have got the respond from Leeds and Nottingham I had an interview which they said they will respond me in 2 weeks, but no response yet.
Reply 2
nice what are you applying for? and would you have a preference ?
nice what are you applying for? and would you have a preference ?

I have applied for BEng course in mechanical engineering, I would probably go to university of Nottingham because I have heard that Leeds uni is in the centre of the city and it's a noisy uni plus people go a lot to clubs and come drank lol, Nottingham uni is a bit outside of the city and it's a peaceful university. If you want to live on the campus then I would suggest Nottingham, but if you will live at home then go to Leeds.
Reply 4
Original post by Prince_Mughal
I have applied for BEng course in mechanical engineering, I would probably go to university of Nottingham because I have heard that Leeds uni is in the centre of the city and it's a noisy uni plus people go a lot to clubs and come drank lol, Nottingham uni is a bit outside of the city and it's a peaceful university. If you want to live on the campus then I would suggest Nottingham, but if you will live at home then go to Leeds.

Hey! I'm a current 5th year at leeds on the MEng so I've done the BEng too. I'm not a big drinker myself and don't often go out either and I've really enjoyed my time at leeds. Yes leeds is near the city centre but the campus is clustered together so it does feel separated from the city. If you're looking to go out drinking Leeds has lots of opportunities to do so but if not the union has 200+ clubs/societies which don't involve drinking. Honestly no matter the university you'll find people who do and don't drink!
Reply 5

yeah I visited Nottingham and was really impressed with the campus and people seemed nice. I also think Leeds might be a bit too big of a city cause I come from a tiny town. I'm applying for civil engineering so slightly similar to yours.
yeah I visited Nottingham and was really impressed with the campus and people seemed nice. I also think Leeds might be a bit too big of a city cause I come from a tiny town. I'm applying for civil engineering so slightly similar to yours.

Foundation year or year 1? I had an online interview from Nottingham uni and they told me that it's better to do a foundation year because maybe after foundation year you change your mind and want to join the other sector, I wanted to do year 1 straight away, but maybe they will offer me foundation year.
Reply 7
Foundation year or year 1? I had an online interview from Nottingham uni and they told me that it's better to do a foundation year because maybe after foundation year you change your mind and want to join the other sector, I wanted to do year 1 straight away, but maybe they will offer me foundation year.

Just Year 1. Foundation year seemed like a good idea but the thought of having to do an extra year kind of put me off. are you going to go to any offer holder events?
Just Year 1. Foundation year seemed like a good idea but the thought of having to do an extra year kind of put me off. are you going to go to any offer holder events?

I just received an offer for foundation year yesterday, today I received an invitation to go to offer holder event, I am thinking about that, the only days which are available are 18th of March and 29th of March. What about you? Which course have you applied? And are you attending any offer holder event?
Reply 9
I just received an offer for foundation year yesterday, today I received an invitation to go to offer holder event, I am thinking about that, the only days which are available are 18th of March and 29th of March. What about you? Which course have you applied? And are you attending any offer holder event?

Great! i have applied for civil engineering but I already went to an offer holder event for Nottingham in February, and it was really good so I would definitely recommend. I am also going to attend one for Leeds on the 26th of April which is quite late but I don't think I'll be able to make a decision without actually visiting the unis. And other than Nothingham and Leeds where have you applied?
Great! i have applied for civil engineering but I already went to an offer holder event for Nottingham in February, and it was really good so I would definitely recommend. I am also going to attend one for Leeds on the 26th of April which is quite late but I don't think I'll be able to make a decision without actually visiting the unis. And other than Nothingham and Leeds where have you applied?

I have applied in university of Birmingham, Lancaster and Manchester. I have received an offer to study at Lancaster uni year 1 in mech engineering. I didn't heard anything from other 2 unis, leeds uni rejected me due to bad grades in gcse in science because they gave me predicted grades due to covid. What about you? For civil engineering in Nottingham uni is that 1st year or foundation year?
Reply 11
I have applied in university of Birmingham, Lancaster and Manchester. I have received an offer to study at Lancaster uni year 1 in mech engineering. I didn't heard anything from other 2 unis, leeds uni rejected me due to bad grades in gcse in science because they gave me predicted grades due to covid. What about you? For civil engineering in Nottingham uni is that 1st year or foundation year?

Nottingham has offered me a place for uni year one. And other than that there is leeds bath Loughborough and Liverpool but my favourite are Leeds bath or Nottingham. Would rather go straight to year one at Lancaster or do a foundation year in Nottingham?
Nottingham has offered me a place for uni year one. And other than that there is leeds bath Loughborough and Liverpool but my favourite are Leeds bath or Nottingham. Would rather go straight to year one at Lancaster or do a foundation year in Nottingham?

My first 2 main choices are Manchester and Nottingham so I don't mind in doing a foundation year, my 3rd option was Lancaster so I would probably go to Nottingham if Manchester doesn't respond, I have got a range of questions if you don't mind regarding the event you attended
Reply 13
My first 2 main choices are Manchester and Nottingham so I don't mind in doing a foundation year, my 3rd option was Lancaster so I would probably go to Nottingham if Manchester doesn't respond, I have got a range of questions if you don't mind regarding the event you attended

yeah sure go ahead I'm happy to answer any questions
yeah sure go ahead I'm happy to answer any questions

So, can you go with your parents to the event? How long is the event I mean if the event starts at 9am what time it finished approximately?
Reply 15
So, can you go with your parents to the event? How long is the event I mean if the event starts at 9am what time it finished approximately?

Yeah so they say only bring one person but lots of people were there with both parents. Once you book an offer holder event they will send you a planning of the day. For me, it was general activities( visiting accommodation, campus tour..) from 9:30 to 12:30 so you can get there any time you like. I got there at 10:30 but had visited accomodation and the campus by 11:30 so I wouldn't recommend getting there too early. Then the course specific activities start in the afternoon for me this included half an hour of chatting to current students and lecturers with pizza then a introduction talk on civil engineering and finally we were put into groups for a workshop.the whom thing ended at half three
Reply 16

Hey! I got offers from Bath and Nottingham. I am an international student so it's not possible for me to go to any of their offer holder days.
Yeah so they say only bring one person but lots of people were there with both parents. Once you book an offer holder event they will send you a planning of the day. For me, it was general activities( visiting accommodation, campus tour..) from 9:30 to 12:30 so you can get there any time you like. I got there at 10:30 but had visited accomodation and the campus by 11:30 so I wouldn't recommend getting there too early. Then the course specific activities start in the afternoon for me this included half an hour of chatting to current students and lecturers with pizza then a introduction talk on civil engineering and finally we were put into groups for a workshop.the whom thing ended at half three

Oh alright, Thanks a lot for the information and for the advice.

Hi,
Congratulations on your offer to study at Lancaster! If you have any questions about studying at Lancaster, or university life in general, just let me or one of the other student ambassadors know.
Good luck with hearing back from the rest of your unis!
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,
Congratulations on your offer to study at Lancaster! If you have any questions about studying at Lancaster, or university life in general, just let me or one of the other student ambassadors know.
Good luck with hearing back from the rest of your unis!
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Alright, thanks a lot. I have a question, do this university offer scholarships? If yes then how much and what's the process?

Quick Reply