physics
maths
english
geography
german
french
design and tech
(i took my re gcse last year)
and there are 73 days until the first gcse. each of my subjects have a total 530 sub-topics approximately meaning i have to do 7ish subtopics per day to get done by May the 15th.
my target grades range from 6s to 7s and i have been told i can get higher but it seems like very much effort. i would really like 7-9s and am quite willing to put in effort (after getting over procrastination). do you think i have the time?? any tips on how i should go about revision as i am a visual-auditory learner
:smile:
Original post by StormyInk202
any tips on how i should go about revision as i am a visual-auditory learner

omg, you did the VARK thing!

@Muttley79
Reply 2
i study 10subjects at gcse:
biology
chemistry
physics
maths
english
geography
german
french
design and tech
(i took my re gcse last year)
and there are 73 days until the first gcse. each of my subjects have a total 530 sub-topics approximately meaning i have to do 7ish subtopics per day to get done by May the 15th.
my target grades range from 6s to 7s and i have been told i can get higher but it seems like very much effort. i would really like 7-9s and am quite willing to put in effort (after getting over procrastination). do you think i have the time?? any tips on how i should go about revision as i am a visual-auditory learner

What techniques have you tried? Have you RAG rated your mock papers?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
What techniques have you tried? Have you RAG rated your mock papers?

ive tried watching videos on each topic but this is very time consuming and ive done a few practise paper questions. i tried blurting and i think it would be agood revision method to see what i dont know but im never sure where to start from about the topic. also ive read through a textbook and made some notes o memory after but i dont think ive done enough and i need to get over procrastination >.<
Reply 4
do past paper questions again and again you will be fine
That's a lot of content to get through. I think the first thing to do is figure out what you actually need to revise vs what you already know. Past papers can be good for figuring this one out.

I personally used a 'traffic light' system for structuring how I wanted to approach revision. I went through everything and coloured-coded topics using green, yellow, and red stickers (post-its or pens work just as well). Green meant I was confident in answering questions on that topic, yellow meant that I had a reasonable understanding of it but wasn't confident, and red meant that I was completely incompetent. I used this system to ensure that I was putting my time and energy into the right areas.
Reply 6
Original post by 1582
That's a lot of content to get through. I think the first thing to do is figure out what you actually need to revise vs what you already know. Past papers can be good for figuring this one out.

I personally used a 'traffic light' system for structuring how I wanted to approach revision. I went through everything and coloured-coded topics using green, yellow, and red stickers (post-its or pens work just as well). Green meant I was confident in answering questions on that topic, yellow meant that I had a reasonable understanding of it but wasn't confident, and red meant that I was completely incompetent. I used this system to ensure that I was putting my time and energy into the right areas.

That's what RAG-rating is :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
That's what RAG-rating is :smile:

I googled that abbreviation when I saw your post and couldn't find out what it meant. Good to know there is a term for it!
Reply 8
ive tried watching videos on each topic but this is very time consuming and ive done a few practise paper questions. i tried blurting and i think it would be agood revision method to see what i dont know but im never sure where to start from about the topic. also ive read through a textbook and made some notes o memory after but i dont think ive done enough and i need to get over procrastination >.<

You need to focus on your 'amber' topics first.
Reply 9
Original post by 1582
I googled that abbreviation when I saw your post and couldn't find out what it meant. Good to know there is a term for it!

Traffic-lighting/RAG-rating or the posh name is 'Formative use of assessment'.

Quick Reply