The Student Room Group

MPhil Social Anthropology, WIlliam Wyse Scholarship

I recently got an offer to study MPhil in Social Anthropology at Lucy Cavendish college. I am an international candidate so funding is my main concern right now. I have been rejected by the Gates fund, so my question is, how many scholarships does the William Wyse fund offer? Also, do MPhil's have any chance in getting it? In the postgraduate funding search it says MPhil candidates are also eligible, so I'm wondering if I actually have a chance, or will it all go to MRes and PhD candidates?
Reply 1
Hi, firstly congratulations for the MPhil and college offers and sorry to hear about the Gates rejection. The William Wyse studentship is exclusively for the Department of Social Anthropology and a really good source of funding. Until last year it required a separate application and as far as I remember there was 1 scholarship for the MPhil/ MRes and 1 for the PhD. I did find a few MPhil William Wyse scholars on LinkedIn, so MPhil students do have a chance. Good luck with funding!
Reply 2
Original post by anthro_int5
Hi, firstly congratulations for the MPhil and college offers and sorry to hear about the Gates rejection. The William Wyse studentship is exclusively for the Department of Social Anthropology and a really good source of funding. Until last year it required a separate application and as far as I remember there was 1 scholarship for the MPhil/ MRes and 1 for the PhD. I did find a few MPhil William Wyse scholars on LinkedIn, so MPhil students do have a chance. Good luck with funding!

Thank you so much! I really hope I'll get some scholarship otherwise there is no way I'll be able to go to Cambridge next academic year. :')
Trying to be optimistic tho! (Emphasis on trying)

Quick Reply