The Student Room Group

Foundation Combined GCSES

I just moved from America to London in January and Im in year 11, im taking foundation combined Sciences. I really need to pass even with a 4-4. Since I came from American I don't have any experience in sciences at this level. What's the best way to catch up ?? Biology is easiest for me due to it being knowledge based and chemistry is alright due to me having a good teacher. BUT PHYSICS is so bad my teacher even said "I don't know how they put you here should have gone down a grade" so please helppp!!!! im dying 🥲
Original post by bdotty
I just moved from America to London in January and Im in year 11, im taking foundation combined Sciences. I really need to pass even with a 4-4. Since I came from American I don't have any experience in sciences at this level. What's the best way to catch up ?? Biology is easiest for me due to it being knowledge based and chemistry is alright due to me having a good teacher. BUT PHYSICS is so bad my teacher even said "I don't know how they put you here should have gone down a grade" so please helppp!!!! im dying 🥲

The best thing I ever did for my sciences was to buy a
revision textbook to go over material I am uncertain with or to revise. Using primarily these textbooks, I went from a 5-4 to a 9-8. I’d recommend buying the higher textbook even if you’re in foundation just because of the higher amount of information.

Cognito and FreeScienceLessons on YouTube is also helpful for breaking complicated ideas down if you want help on a particular unit. I struggled a lot with physics as well, so I often watched their videos and took notes to help me improve.

these are the textbooks I used:
https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/secondary/subjects/science/aqa-gcse-9-1-science-revision/revise-aqa-gcse-combined-science-trilogy-higher-revision-guide-1 (mostly this one)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Grade-GCSE-Combined-Science/dp/1782945598?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Quick Reply

Latest