long train journey:how to kill time? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Brainstorm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hi guys, I'll be having a 6-hour journey by train next Sunday, any pastime recommendation apart from sleeping, reading and listening to music?
Just_Izzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
talk to the aliens
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have a w*** in the toilet.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brainstorm)
hi guys, I'll be having a 6-hour journey by train next Sunday, any pastime recommendation apart from sleeping, reading and listening to music?
Are you travelling with other people? Play cards! Uno is especially fun, as is trying to play cards without a table
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ermm maybe..

-Go to toilet occassionaly.
-Eat.
-Drink.
-Talk.
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
GBA works wonders for me
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'd go for revising. when you're on a boring train journey and there's nothing else to do, revision seems much nicer. when you're at home, it's like.. "so, revision... okay let's get to work... oh wait, here comes eastenders".
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Are you travelling with other people? Play cards! Uno is especially fun, as is trying to play cards without a table
:dito:

what's that game.. Jenga (without a table should be funfun).
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You could take a laptop computer if you have one! Lots of trains have sockets where you can plug in the power supply, thus not running out of battery power
Brainstorm
Rep:
?
no, unfortunately Im travelling alone...
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Crossword perhaps. Or work? Your stuck for 6 hours you may as well do something useful
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
That's a good one

Try a bit of writing perhaps.
Brainstorm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eeyore)
You could take a laptop computer if you have one! Lots of trains have sockets where you can plug in the power supply, thus not running out of battery power
seems to be a good idea! i do have a laptop, do u know if there are sockest in a Virgin train?
riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
6 hours -thats not too bad - I've done 12 which was horrible! Anyway I passed time in slots of 30mins (about a boy I know) First reading, then having a slow lunch with maybe a stroll at the end, then reading again, I brought along a little computer game, reading again, /finally write something e.g. do some homework, write a story, figure an exam timetable. Is that anyhelp? If there is more then one of you then buy one of those cheap 7 games in one and bring cards you can do that game where you draw a head they draw then top half of a body you the lower etc. Without looking at the thing drawn beforehand. Hope that helps,

HH
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
seems to be a good idea! i do have a laptop, do u know if there are sockest in a Virgin train?
Yes, there are, on the newer ones at least. Think they older ones do as well, but not certain.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, I believe Virgin are good at that kind of thing! They also have little radio things between the seats in some carriages, where you can plug your headphones in and listen
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
A weee?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
A weee?
Dammit
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no, unfortunately Im travelling alone...
just read that *ammend last comment* befriend a random person and ask them if they would like to play chess!
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
they do but you have to pay for it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads