Report 14 years ago
SLEEP - the only option for me
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you got it easy anyway I've got a 28hr coach journey
get risk... you can play that game for hours and hours.
Brainstorm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
cheerz!! you guys are really helpful!!
guess i can log in TSR in the train.
JakeR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
don't go to sleep the night before and sleep on the train?

where you going anyway?
Brainstorm
Rep:
?
im going from Leeds to Bournemouth.
by the way, do they serve proper food in a Virgin train?
_EMMA_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
learn to write with your other hand. that is what i decided to do when i was 12 and going on a 18 h train journey. don't know why really. read, that is what i would do or bring a computer.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brainstorm)
im going from Leeds to Bournemouth.
by the way, do they serve proper food in a Virgin train?
Yes, they have a buffet car selling "a selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks" (God, I've heard that announcement so many times!! ), and I think some have proper food as well, like jacket potatoes and stuff.
Clodagh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
learn to write with your other hand. that is what i decided to do when i was 12 and going on a 18 h train journey. don't know why really. read, that is what i would do or bring a computer.
Where did you go that took 18 hours!??!
Clodagh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Yes, they have a buffet car selling "a selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks" (God, I've heard that announcement so many times!! ), and I think some have proper food as well, like jacket potatoes and stuff.
They are extortionately expensive though...!!! Mostly a burger of some sort and sandwiches from what I've seen on Virgin.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I actually love train journeys. Really good for getting done those little things that you've just never got round to. Like writing a play.
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Yes, there are, on the newer ones at least. Think they older ones do as well, but not certain.
pretty much all now, since the mk3 are no longer in common use
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I actually love train journeys. Really good for getting done those little things that you've just never got round to. Like writing a play.
Zapsta's plays = Harold Pinter style. Woo.

*tumbleweed*
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Clodagh)
They are extortionately expensive though...!!! Mostly a burger of some sort and sandwiches from what I've seen on Virgin.
Very true, though the buffet cars on Virgin Trains are way less expensive than on Great Western! The lady behind the counter in the buffet car on the First Great Western train I took this evening was saying how she'd just been on a Virgin train, and was commenting on how much cheaper Virgin is than the stuff she sells on FGW! Though apparently Virgin coffee is more expensive!
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I travelled 5800 km on trains this summer (That must be sooo many hours!) and I think I spent the majority of them looking out of the window, reading, or talking to the other people in the compartment. I slept very rarely (security conscious). We also have an external storage device and I could either listen to music or watch DVDs/things we'd taped off the telly on it. I must have watched the final episode of Friends at least 4 times

SO my adivce is - look out of the window because it's actually fun. Eating is a good pasttime so take a packed lunch. Take a gossip magazine or something that you can dip into rather than commit to and .. ummmmm.. try and strike up a conversation with someone interesting.
Brainstorm
Rep:
?
thanks a lot.
im a bit scared of taking a long journey.
last summer i took a 24-hour one by train, it bored me soo badly that i got physically sick as soon as i arrived and ended up lying in bed for 3 days...
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pikaboo)
Zapsta's plays = Harold Pinter style. Woo.

*tumbleweed*
Quite.
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
look at the railway - yards, wagons etc. very interesting
Ask annoying questions of the guard like: How many compressors does this train have? When will it tilt? What type of engines is it using? When did it last have an exam? What is the tractive effort? How long has the driver been driving? When was he last assesed on this route?
Pay loads for rubbish food.
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Quite.
*looks out of window*
Clodagh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by InterCity125)
look at the railway - yards, wagons etc. very interesting
Ask annoying questions of the guard like: How many compressors does this train have? When will it tilt? What type of engines is it using? When did it last have an exam? What is the tractive effort? How long has the driver been driving? When was he last assesed on this route?
Pay loads for rubbish food.
Heeeeee. I'd love to see you do that on a train!
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Clodagh)
Heeeeee. I'd love to see you do that on a train!
I did ask something like that once - he didn't know!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.57%
They might tell the bully (7)
12.5%
I don't think they'd understand (11)
19.64%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
33.93%
There's nothing they could do (17)
30.36%

Watched Threads