The Student Room Group

I want to apply for a US university, where should I ask for help?

I'm a Year 12 student aiming to get all A*s my A-level subjects.
I have really wanted to go to university in the US ever since I was young, and I am aiming for top ivy leagues.
Haven't really decided which unis, but I am kinda lost at the moment.
Has anyone here applied to a US university after a public school education in the UK?
I could potentially ask my teachers soon, but was wondering how other people started preparing (any useful websites, potentially meet students in the university etc)

Thanks!
Original post by hilinaa
I have really wanted to go to university in the US ever since I was young, and I am aiming for top ivy leagues.
Has anyone here applied to a US university after a public school education in the UK?
I could potentially ask my teachers soon, but was wondering how other people started preparing (any useful websites, potentially meet students in the university etc)

Thanks!

Many people have.

You need not just grades, but also extracurriculars, and perhaps the SAT/ACT. For top Ivy Leagues, grades should be A*s/As, SAT 1560+/ACT 35+ to stand an alright chance with the grades.

Extracurriculars: Beyond the box, like clubs, writing novels etc.

Supercurriculars: Go beyond the curriculum, e.g. research projects with professors.

The people in Ivy Leagues are very strong, so you need to be a very strong applicant.
Original post by hilinaa

Thanks!

I have!

There's an entire thread on the application process pinned to the top of the forum.

Quick Reply

Latest