The Student Room Group

Computer Science A Level NEA OOP

Hi guys,

I'm currently developing my code for my computer science NEA however I've heard from some of my friends that we are supposed to make use of OOP, but I am awful at it. If I don't code my solution with the use of OOP, am I going to lose a lot of marks? For context, I am using Python and Tkinter, and I still plan on using data structures such as Hash Functions, Stacks, Queues etc as well as my databases. I'm also on the OCR exam board. Thanks
Reply 1
It would be best if you tried to do something in OOP as (if you are with AQA, I don't know about other exam boards) the set code for paper 1 will be written in OOP and you should be familiar with it. It is very easy to code some of the data structures you listed in OOP so why not start there and try to improve your skills.

For example, you could have a class called Stack with a parameter for size. You could set up your stack as a list, and use a variable for a pointer. You would need functions for push and pop and possibly one for checking whether the stack is full or empty. Even as little as this would show you have some understanding of OOP principles.
Reply 2
Original post by 4orbit
It would be best if you tried to do something in OOP as (if you are with AQA, I don't know about other exam boards) the set code for paper 1 will be written in OOP and you should be familiar with it. It is very easy to code some of the data structures you listed in OOP so why not start there and try to improve your skills.

For example, you could have a class called Stack with a parameter for size. You could set up your stack as a list, and use a variable for a pointer. You would need functions for push and pop and possibly one for checking whether the stack is full or empty. Even as little as this would show you have some understanding of OOP principles.

Ok thank you I will do that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending