The Student Room Group

would I receive an offer if I don’t meet the entry requirements

my dream University is the University of bath and I want to study psychology. I applied with 7,6,5 at HL with 37/45 and I’m just 1 point off in my HL. am I likely to receive an offer?
Original post by Leahlaura
my dream University is the University of bath and I want to study psychology. I applied with 7,6,5 at HL with 37/45 and I’m just 1 point off in my HL. am I likely to receive an offer?

Are those your predictions or are they achieved grades?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Are those your predictions or are they achieved grades?

Predicted
Predicted

Yes, many unis give aspirational offers to students whose predictions are close to their requirements. You'd still be considered but it's almost impossible to say how likely you are to get an offer. But that's why you get 5 choices on UCAS, so there's no harm in having 1 or 2 riskier options :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, many unis give aspirational offers to students whose predictions are close to their requirements. You'd still be considered but it's almost impossible to say how likely you are to get an offer. But that's why you get 5 choices on UCAS, so there's no harm in having 1 or 2 riskier options :smile:

yeah but it’s super competitive, and I really want to to go to bath. I’m an international student and if I don’t study in bath then I would probably study in a local University which I’m not too keen on
yeah but it’s super competitive, and I really want to to go to bath. I’m an international student and if I don’t study in bath then I would probably study in a local University which I’m not too keen on

If you have options in your home country then it is even less of a risk. If you want even a small chance of an offer from Bath, apply.

Sidenote: A typical offer of 36 in the IB would suggest it's not as competitive as you might think.

Nobody can be certain but Psychology at Bath is very competitive so I doubt it. They also require grade 7 or A in Gcse Maths and that is non-negotiable. There are other very good universities other than Bath.

Because you are an international student, you can consider Bath's IFY International Foundation Year which is licensed to Bath College to teach. Check it out if you haven't already. It is an option. It is another year's of fees and you will stay at Uni of Bath's student accommodation at John Wood in the city which is right behind Bath College. This accommodation is owned and managed by Uni of Bath. You will essentially be a student of Bath College AND Uni of Bath, and you can access Uni of Bath for all of its facilities like the library and sports centre i.e. gym membership. The progression to an undergraduate degree is guaranteed if you attain minimum 75% (But please check that it is 75% for Psych and that they are not asking for higher grades). Application to IFY is direct with the University, so you need to email them to ask. https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/university-of-bath-international-foundation-year/

As you are aware by yourself, Psychology is super competitive. Bath does something very differently which is to put their standard offer at 36 but they screen for applicants with much higher predicted grades from about 41 points and A*AA. Don't lose hope because you may be the special one they want! And take heart that you haven't been given a decision yet which means you are still in their consideration.

If you are very sure you want to go to Uni of Bath, the IFY is worth considering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending