The Student Room Group

History A level essay

I am taking my CIE AS levels this November and my A levels next year in May. And I am self studying, so can anyone help me with the essay structure in history and give me some tips for the subject. Any response would be appreciated.

I am doing,
Modern Europe 1750-1921 for the 1st and 2nd papers.
Holocaust for the 3rd paper.
Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia for the 4th paper
Hello, I can help. I suggest following the PEEL essay structure; it will help you formulate a suitable answer and will make the examiner's life much easier. It goes like this: Point, Evidence,Explanation, and Linkage. I also have some sample answers for AS. I suggest that you do the Cold War option for paper 4 since I have notes for those that I can send. I can also help you–for free obviously –with any queries you may have ranging from past paper questions to concepts etc. A2 doesn't have a Cambridge endorsed book so you might face a lot of difficulty
Original post by Sanjana15
I am taking my CIE AS levels this November and my A levels next year in May. And I am self studying, so can anyone help me with the essay structure in history and give me some tips for the subject. Any response would be appreciated.

I am doing,
Modern Europe 1750-1921 for the 1st and 2nd papers.
Holocaust for the 3rd paper.
Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia for the 4th paper
Reply 2
Original post by Luqman Shehzad
Hello, I can help. I suggest following the PEEL essay structure; it will help you formulate a suitable answer and will make the examiner's life much easier. It goes like this: Point, Evidence,Explanation, and Linkage. I also have some sample answers for AS. I suggest that you do the Cold War option for paper 4 since I have notes for those that I can send. I can also help you–for free obviously –with any queries you may have ranging from past paper questions to concepts etc. A2 doesn't have a Cambridge endorsed book so you might face a lot of difficulty

Thank you so much for answering. If you could send me the notes that would be so helpful. If you have notes on cold war then it would be good for me to do that. A2 doesn't have the endorsed books so I did find books related to that but I don't know if it actually follows the Cambridge syllabus. If you could help me that would be so great.
ofcourse. Send me your email so I can forward you the notes
Thank you so much for answering. If you could send me the notes that would be so helpful. If you have notes on cold war then it would be good for me to do that. A2 doesn't have the endorsed books so I did find books related to that but I don't know if it actually follows the Cambridge syllabus. If you could help me that would be so great.
I've sent you the resources. Feel free to inquire about anything that you don't understand. I'm always available
xxxx
Reply 5
Original post by Luqman Shehzad
I've sent you the resources. Feel free to inquire about anything that you don't understand. I'm always available

I have got the notes. If I have any questions I will ask you through your email, hopefully I won't be annoying to you. Once again thank you

Quick Reply