Turn on thread page Beta

hey,
    Im studying psychology at AS level and im really stuck with my coursework. I know the experiment that im carrying out. The serial positioning effect. where i give two groups of people a list of words to remember but give one of the groups a dispacement task like saying the alphabet backwards before they remember the words.
    So i know what im doing in the experiment but i have no idea how to write it up, like with the into, method, hypothesis e.t.c....and ive only got just over a week to do it..what do i write? please help me someone!!

Hey I do AS level Psychology too, heres how i wud record the results.
    Discover the average number of the words recalled from the group that were not given the displacement exercise, then do the same with group 2 (find the average number of words they recalled) This will enable u to see the distinct difference between the groups recall average.
    Your hypothesis with be basically to see how a displacement exercise interupts the process of repetition and in turn makes the recall of the words on the list a lot more difficult.
    I hope this helped,

Anita xXx

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.