The Student Room Group

University Accommodation heater not working

I'm an international studying at Cambridge and the radiator in my accommodation does not heat up the room as it should. As of now, the dial is on 5 and it's not doing anything. I'm forced to wear two layers to keep myself warm in my own room. And the best part is the heater stays off each day from 11 pm to 7 am. Please advise what should I do.
I have complained about it more than 5 times about this and no action is taken.
Reply 1
Hi! that sucks! I'd say you should get a heated blanket or a heated mattress cover, they're both on amazon.
Original post by Sanyat
I'm an international studying at Cambridge and the radiator in my accommodation does not heat up the room as it should. As of now, the dial is on 5 and it's not doing anything. I'm forced to wear two layers to keep myself warm in my own room. And the best part is the heater stays off each day from 11 pm to 7 am. Please advise what should I do.
I have complained about it more than 5 times about this and no action is taken.

How can the internet help, read your student handbook? Report it to maintenance, and then ask how long it will take to fix. Ask at the Porters Lodge. Email the Head of maintenance. Tell your DoS. Learn how to adult!

BTW, two layers of clothes in the normal minimum in the UK, in March, 3 layers would be common - indoors!

Quick Reply

Latest