The Student Room Group

english literature aqa

revising themes/characters/quotes and exam questions on how they are presented in a extract and as whole
Original post by emmanuella15
revising themes/characters/quotes and exam questions on how they are presented in a extract and as whole

what is it you need help with?
how can you revise for each character and how they are presented as whole in the novella or play ? is it best to make a mind-map for each one full of key moments/ quotes and themes

Original post by waffelton
what is it you need help with?
how can you revise for each character and how they are presented as whole in the novella or play ? is it best to make a mind-map for each one full of key moments/ quotes and themes

Mind-mapping key themes is a great idea! I personally wouldn’t do this for characters as it would be too long and disorderly. Try fitting the characters to the themes and making a mini mind map from there. Reading exemplar essays can also really help with written style and the generation of ideas :smile:
so not a mind-map for every character? wait but what if the question is example e.g how does shakespeare present romeo in this extract and in the play as a whole?
You will always get a character or theme question in the AQA Literature exam.

I would start by making a list of all the themes and characters for each text that you are doing.

If there are any themes you don't know much about, google them. Read essays, ideas, analysis etc.

Then begin collecting together a list of quotes that you are going to learn. Quotes are the most important thing to revise for the Literature exam, especially if you are aiming for the top grades.

Make sure you have quotes that work for all your themes and character. Try to pick quotes that will work for multiple themes/characters as then you will have less to learn.

Heya!
If it helps, check out this article (linked) on how to get high scores in English lit :h: It has really great tips on how to do well in English lit!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest