The Student Room Group

Air Cadet boots for Dofe

I have my brown cadet boots from air cadets, but my squadron leader says they can't be used for the expedition. They comply with the rules for walking boots though, so I'm not sure whether I should buy new ones eve though I already have a pair, or just use my cadet ones?
(I'm doing gold btw)
Original post by Uni2024N
I have my brown cadet boots from air cadets, but my squadron leader says they can't be used for the expedition. They comply with the rules for walking boots though, so I'm not sure whether I should buy new ones eve though I already have a pair, or just use my cadet ones?
(I'm doing gold btw)

Did you buy the boots for cadets or were they issued?

If they were issued, then you have your answer, you've been told you can't use them.

If you bought them, then you can use them, but be prepared to a) be told you can't start on Day 1 and b) if you walk in them, to have to buy another pair afterwards because you can't get them back into a fit condition for cadets.
Original post by threeportdrift
Did you buy the boots for cadets or were they issued?

If they were issued, then you have your answer, you've been told you can't use them.

If you bought them, then you can use them, but be prepared to a) be told you can't start on Day 1 and b) if you walk in them, to have to buy another pair afterwards because you can't get them back into a fit condition for cadets.

I did buy them but yeah, good point. There's no point risking not being able to go on the expedition, and no point using my cadet boots if I have to buy new ones after anyway.
Thank you!
Reply 3
Without seeing the boots I can't really tell. Not all brown military boots are really suitable for an expedition, and a cheap pair of walking boots might be better.

Quick Reply

Latest