The Student Room Group

keep waking up at 3am and unable to get back to slep till7 or 8 when i have to get u

could this be because i only have one meal a day which is just a huge binge around 9pm and it's my digestive system waking me up?
Original post by Anonymous
could this be because i only have one meal a day which is just a huge binge around 9pm and it's my digestive system waking me up?

Well it's definitely not going to help! Is there a reason why you don't have a 'normal' pattern to your eating, eg. shift work, religious considerations etc?
Original post by Reality Check
Well it's definitely not going to help! Is there a reason why you don't have a 'normal' pattern to your eating, eg. shift work, religious considerations etc?

im just not hungry during the day

I'm pretty sure that you'd sleep much better without a belly of undigested food. Try regularising your meals (i.e have two or three spaced throughout the day) and try to leave two-three hours before eating and going to bed. Worth a try for a few weeks to see if this makes any difference.
Leave your phone out of your room. That way if you wake up you won't keep yourself up on a screen.

If you have a history of dieting, it may have dulled your sense of being hungry or full. This is very common for people to think "oh I just don't get hungry" or "i don't eat breakfast because i'm not hungry" but more often it's habit than actually being true. We get used to always assessing our body from the outside -- checking our appearance -- rather than embodying it and checking in with how it feels throughout the day.

As humans, we all need to eat during the day, there's no question about that. We need food for functioning. If the body isn't getting food, it's going to create strong urges to binge which is why you end up binging so late in the day. Our eating schedule and sleep are interlinked and the timing of our meals absolutely affects not just when we sleep (it delays it) but also how well we sleep. By adopting a more regular eating schedule throughout the day, you'll help your circadian rhythm stay in sync with your environment (daylight vs nighttime is for sleeping) ensuring you can get a good night's sleep.

Quick Reply

Latest