The Student Room Group

Which subjects are harder: sciences or humanities/social sciences?

I wonder if I deliberately made my life harder by doing sciences at A Level and uni.
I always found science subjects easier than any others

If you don't find science easy and enjoyable and you chose it anyway then yes you have deliberately made your life harder
humanities are harder to do well, but easier to achieve mediocre grades in. With science the input to output is obvious - you learn the content more thoroughly, you do better. It's not like that with essay writing subjects. I always found sciences and maths easier to be honest
It just depends on the person? Some people (like me) always found humanities and essay subjects harder than science and maths. For other people it’s the other way round.
Reply 4
I wish i got $1 every time this question were asked on here..
Suffice it to say, there is no answer. Different people excel at different things and whilst i might write a kick ass essay on geopolitics i would suck at a paper on quantum mechanics. Same goes in reverse, of course. 'ease' is a relative term.
Original post by ecoworrier
I wonder if I deliberately made my life harder by doing sciences at A Level and uni.

Very subjective, and depends on the individual. I for example find maths and logical stuff easy af so for me my alevels in maths, f maths and physics combined was easier than alevel geography. But there are others who probably found geography easier than maths.

Everyone’s brain works in a different way and as a result everyone finds different things easier and harder. You have to find what turns you on, what you dins easy, and go with it. There is no one formula fits all.

Do you enjoy science? Can you access the material quite easily? If the answer is yes, then you'll be fine.
Reply 7
I found humanities harder, but went ahead and did degrees in one anyway.
Social sciences any time, they are easier and more interesting

There are actually studies showing those choosing science majors have higher IQs on average than other majors: https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/finding-the-next-einstein/201310/attractiveness-and-the-iq-levels-college-disciplines

You might say it takes a higher IQ to do well in science than humanities/social sciences... so yeah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending