The Student Room Group

Gossiping

Found out one of my close friends has been saying horrible things about me behind my back. She makes fun of me for getting rejected from Oxford, says I’m stupid and regularly belittles me. She told people that I’m prone to temper tantrums like I’m a child, and spread lies and made other people dislike me. I’ve tried to talk to others in my friend group about it but everyone knows she has a mean personality and basically just told me to suck it up. We have the same circle of friends and it’s really affecting me, I can’t talk to people when she’s there because she makes me feel awful. Should I confront her about it or ignore it? She definitely won’t give me an apology though, and I don’t think I can forgive her for this since it’s really hurtful. Any advice?
Original post by Anonymous
Found out one of my close friends has been saying horrible things about me behind my back. She makes fun of me for getting rejected from Oxford, says I’m stupid and regularly belittles me. She told people that I’m prone to temper tantrums like I’m a child, and spread lies and made other people dislike me. I’ve tried to talk to others in my friend group about it but everyone knows she has a mean personality and basically just told me to suck it up. We have the same circle of friends and it’s really affecting me, I can’t talk to people when she’s there because she makes me feel awful. Should I confront her about it or ignore it? She definitely won’t give me an apology though, and I don’t think I can forgive her for this since it’s really hurtful. Any advice?

She's obviously not a 'close friend' if she's acting like this. I'd stop interacting with this girl.
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
She's obviously not a 'close friend' if she's acting like this. I'd stop interacting with this girl.

I guess you’re right. I just wish I knew what I did to upset her! Apparently it’s been going on for ages, if she didn’t like me then why would she invite me to places and deliberately try to be friends with me? Very strange 😭

Quick Reply