The Student Room Group

Losing weight!

Guys, how do I lose weight and not have any loose skin? I regularly go to the gym and do occasional cardio but my visceral fat doesn't seem to go down. And, I lift pretty heavy. I have to be lean before starting Uni.
If you are lifting heavy weights and do cardios, the only thing you can change for a better result is your diet. Eat protein-containing foods to support your muscle training and you will get your wished success.
Reply 2
Original post by Kallisto
If you are lifting heavy weights and do cardios, the only thing you can change for a better result is your diet. Eat protein-containing foods to support your muscle training and you will get your wished success

Oh, thanks! Do you follow some kind of diet plan as well, or just increase protein intake?
Original post by soham991
Oh, thanks! Do you follow some kind of diet plan as well, or just increase protein intake?

Recipes with fish and certain nuts as snack are fine. Don't eat foods with a lot of calories and carbonhydrates. And take a protein drink after your training to support your muscle biilding. The more muscles you build, the more fat is burnt.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by soham991
Guys, how do I lose weight and not have any loose skin? I regularly go to the gym and do occasional cardio but my visceral fat doesn't seem to go down. And, I lift pretty heavy. I have to be lean before starting Uni.

For fat loss, high-intensity exercise isn't really going to help but low-intensity exercise will maybe long walks or hikes or low-intensity cardio will help more alongside weight training.

Quick Reply

Latest