The Student Room Group

Should I report my manager?

Hi,

My boss, let’s call him Steve, Is 32.

Steve is my manager for a rock climbing centre aimed for children and used by many children everyday. Steve has always had children based jobs to my knowledge. Such as working in a school canteen, swimming coaching and working with scouts. He lives with his parents and he’s an absolute man child. (His parents took him to go see minions)

Me and my GF both work at this rock climbing centre and we decided to troll him (catfishing) for fun. We found his blank TikTok page through the contact finding feature and started talking to him. He seemed very interested in finding out who he was talking to - we told him he knows who runs the account. This frustrated him I assume which led us to getting his Instagram and Snapchat (we made a snap fake account based on a random female celebrity, to which we gave her the name Emily, 20yo).

Soon the Snapchat conversation turned sexual. He wanted to be Emily’s sugar daddy.

Eventually he started asking for photos of Emily. We found it amusing until he asked to see photos of her when she was 15. We were shocked by this but wanted to press on more so we said there’s photos of Emily at 12 to which he said “surprise me”

We never sent any other photos and berated him for being so disgusting. He then blocked us.

So we made another fake account and saw on his Instagram that he is following very young women (think 18-21)

We then saw he was following mostly girls who were as low as 14 years old - these children were swimmers and had posted photos of them in their costumes whilst performing in competitions.

It’s so sick that someone I work with is like this. I hope he has and will not hurt a child. I don’t know what to do tbh. I want to do the right thing but I feel as though my workplace won’t be able to do anything and I’ll have to “out” myself for catfishing.

Please be understanding,
Reply 1
You may apprise about this to the senior management because this kind of mentality is dangerous.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

My boss, let’s call him Steve, Is 32.

Steve is my manager for a rock climbing centre aimed for children and used by many children everyday. Steve has always had children based jobs to my knowledge. Such as working in a school canteen, swimming coaching and working with scouts. He lives with his parents and he’s an absolute man child. (His parents took him to go see minions)

Me and my GF both work at this rock climbing centre and we decided to troll him (catfishing) for fun. We found his blank TikTok page through the contact finding feature and started talking to him. He seemed very interested in finding out who he was talking to - we told him he knows who runs the account. This frustrated him I assume which led us to getting his Instagram and Snapchat (we made a snap fake account based on a random female celebrity, to which we gave her the name Emily, 20yo).

Soon the Snapchat conversation turned sexual. He wanted to be Emily’s sugar daddy.

Eventually he started asking for photos of Emily. We found it amusing until he asked to see photos of her when she was 15. We were shocked by this but wanted to press on more so we said there’s photos of Emily at 12 to which he said “surprise me”

We never sent any other photos and berated him for being so disgusting. He then blocked us.

So we made another fake account and saw on his Instagram that he is following very young women (think 18-21)

We then saw he was following mostly girls who were as low as 14 years old - these children were swimmers and had posted photos of them in their costumes whilst performing in competitions.

It’s so sick that someone I work with is like this. I hope he has and will not hurt a child. I don’t know what to do tbh. I want to do the right thing but I feel as though my workplace won’t be able to do anything and I’ll have to “out” myself for catfishing.

Please be understanding,

If you believe you have evidence that a person has committed a criminal offence, then you should report this matter to the police. It is not appropriate to act as detectives, or conduct any sort of witch hunt on social media.

Don't be overdramatic. 18-21 year olds are in no way 'very young women', and there is nothing untoward about a 32 year old man interacting with a 21 year old woman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending