The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Mini Fridges in Endcliffe Accommodation

I've looked at the 23-24 residence contracts and it mentions that fridges/fridge freezers are banned from accommodation. However, I can't find anything that specifically mentions mini-fridges.

Does anyone know if mini fridges are allowed to be kept in your rooms at Endcliffe? Thanks.
Reply 1
Unless you've got some medical need for a fridge in your room it's forbidden.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by JackTEK
I've looked at the 23-24 residence contracts and it mentions that fridges/fridge freezers are banned from accommodation. However, I can't find anything that specifically mentions mini-fridges.

Does anyone know if mini fridges are allowed to be kept in your rooms at Endcliffe? Thanks.

There's no need to mention mini-fridges specifically. A mini-fridge is a type of fridge, and fridges are forbidden. Therefore mini-fridges are forbidden.

As @Joinedup says, if you have a medical need (for example, you have medication that needs to be kept refrigerated) you can normally get an exception.

If by "mini-fridge" you mean the sort of thing that can hold a few soft drinks cans, then be aware that while they can typically keep "already cold" things cold, they're not very good at taking room-temperature things to cold.

Quick Reply

Latest