The Student Room Group

Vet Medicine at VFU Brno/ UVMP Kosice

Hi,
I am a British and Sloval national, studying A levels in England.
I want to apply for Vet Medicine both in Czech and Slovakia. I am fluent in Slovak so can speak Czech as well.
I wanted to know how difficult is it to get into these universities? I know they have exams are they difficult to clear with me predict AA in chem and bio ?
Please anyone who is studying there or passed out can you please guide
Thanks
See if you would qualify for free tuition in Kosice as a Slovak national.
It would save you a lot of money and you could still work in the UK after.
The only downside is, you would have to study in Slovakian and not English.

Your best best would be to email the dean office or the admission team.
They would also advise you about your grades and any entry exams (if there are any for the course in Slovakian)
Reply 2
Thanks Nessie, I thought that this course is just in English and not in Slovak. I think if that's the case with the tution exemption we would stick with English as my daughter written Slovak is not that great.
Ya good idea wil definitely write to the admissions office for more details.
Best Regards,
Viv
Original post by Tb769
Thanks Nessie, I thought that this course is just in English and not in Slovak. I think if that's the case with the tution exemption we would stick with English as my daughter written Slovak is not that great.
Ya good idea wil definitely write to the admissions office for more details.
Best Regards,
Viv

They do both languages and you can apply to both to keep your options open.
The only thing to bear in mind is that the English course if expensive and you can't get a student loan for it like you can in England. You would have to pay the course fees yourself.
Reply 4
Thanks Nessie, I think in that case we would opt for English as although my kid can speak fluent Slovak but she is not good in writing and also since she haven't studied chem and bio in Slovak not sure how technical terms in Slovak would make sense to her.
I have also written to them to confirm so let's see what they say.
Many thanks
Reply 5
I think they give sample questions for tests, and would guess that it would be level of a levels. So it's a good time for your daughter to take them, while she's studying.
Reply 6
Thanks Vetman but am unsure if she can take it now as it's for admissions in 2024 Sept and she is in first year of her A levels.
As far as I know she will sit then next year May 2024 at the earliest for admissions in Sept 2024
Reply 7
Yes, that sounds correct. I think she won't find them too stressful or difficult if she does them same year as her 2nd year A levels. Best of luck.
Reply 8
Original post by Vetman
Yes, that sounds correct. I think she won't find them too stressful or difficult if she does them same year as her 2nd year A levels. Best of luck.

Ya got it that's the plan.
Vetman are you also studying in Kosice ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending