The Student Room Group

Grade 2 to 6s

If I start revising for GCSE now can I go from grades 2s to 5s and 6s. I really need a grade 6 in history and I am at grade 2. I have 2 months left? Has anyone gone up 4 grades in 2 months
Not 2 months but I did go from Us and Ds at A Level to A's, Bs, and A*s in 5 months.

Requires a ridiculous amount of work (I'm talking working through lunch, and for at least 3-4 hours after school).

Past papers are the most important thing to do and ask your teacher's to mark them and to give you any in-class tests they may have written already for you to practice on when you run out. You can also buy practice questions and ready made flashcards for most AQA subjects.
For essays make yourself a one size fits all essay plan for each essay that'll come up in your exams, then come up with questions by yourself and practice planning and writing the essays.
Don't waste time doing pretty notes and making your own flashcards, use the premade resources available to yourself and just practice figuring out what information they actually want when they ask you a question. Most of the time it's not your opinions, it's regurgitation of facts and the opinions they've made on the sources and put in the textbooks.
Original post by username6095610
If I start revising for GCSE now can I go from grades 2s to 5s and 6s. I really need a grade 6 in history and I am at grade 2. I have 2 months left? Has anyone gone up 4 grades in 2 months

I just googled this, I don't take History so idk if it's helpful but give it a try https://edumentors.co.uk/blog/gcse-history-how-to-get-a-9/

Quick Reply

Latest