The Student Room Group

How to become Independent, Non-Needy and Not Anxious in a relationship

I have been seeing someone for about 3-months. She is very independent, busy/productive, have a large social circle, career driven, never needy for attention, never gets jealous.. then there is me, someone who is needy, seeks for more attention from their partner, gets anxious in a relationship and jealous when their partner has male friends/interacts with people who they may have had a past with.

It has made me wonder, how does one become non-needy/independent/self-confident/not jealous? Dating coaches and forums mention talk about this all the time but I haven't seen a good explanation
Reply 1
Simple; out of all the possible options she has, she chose to be with you.

If having an amazing person in your life isn't inspiration enough to work on yourself to keep them in your life, then what is? And remember that communication is key in a relationship.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Simple; out of all the possible options she has, she chose to be with you.

If having an amazing person in your life isn't inspiration enough to work on yourself to keep them in your life, then what is? And remember that communication is key in a relationship.

Yeah fair enough, I guess that is true. I need to remind myself that whenever I am feeling insecure, she thought I was better than the other options in her life, that's why she chose me

Quick Reply

Latest