The Student Room Group

Year 11 and 13s: when are you planning to start revising?

This poll is closed

When are you planning to start revising?

I've already started!49%
This month25%
During the Easter break16%
After Easter, but before it's too late3%
As late as possible6%
Something else (let us know in the comments!)2%
Total votes: 701
One of the hardest things about revision can be finding the right time to get started - start too early and you might burn out, start too late and you might not have enough time to properly prepare.

It's still early days so you might not be quite ready to kick off your revision just yet, but it's a good idea to start thinking about starting.

This article should help if you want some guidance on when and how to start revising.

When do you think you'll get your revision up and running?

And don't forget - we're here to help! :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
I've kind of started but it's hard because all my teachers are still setting me homework that in my opinion is not as useful as the revision I would otherwise do in the time. My school has also decided that we need to do a second set of mock GCSEs which is fun because I'm now revising content for exams I will have in June instead of revising for exams I have before half term in May...
Original post by Vic Vinegar
One of the hardest things about revision can be finding the right time to get started - start too early and you might burn out, start too late and you might not have enough time to properly prepare.

It's still early days so you might not be quite ready to kick off your revision just yet, but it's a good idea to start thinking about starting.

This article should help if you want some guidance on when and how to start revising.

When do you think you'll get your revision up and running?

And don't forget - we're here to help! :smile:

I've revised already anyway. As a private student, as long as a few hours a day are used for revision + enrichment + learning content, there'd be enough time for other hobbies etc.
Reply 3
I started 16th January which was straight after the last mocks, feeling fairly confident!
Still haven't started yet cause these mfers think doing trashy textbook exercises (that are nothing like actual exam questions) takes priority
Original post by eagleflight
I've kind of started but it's hard because all my teachers are still setting me homework that in my opinion is not as useful as the revision I would otherwise do in the time. My school has also decided that we need to do a second set of mock GCSEs which is fun because I'm now revising content for exams I will have in June instead of revising for exams I have before half term in May...

That's so annoying! Hopefully you're not feeling overwhelmed with it all? If I was in that situation I'd focus a bit more on revising for the actual exams rather than the mocks.
Original post by justlearning1469
I've revised already anyway. As a private student, as long as a few hours a day are used for revision + enrichment + learning content, there'd be enough time for other hobbies etc.

Sounds like a plan - it's so important to still have time to do the things you enjoy :smile:
Original post by izzy4509x
I started 16th January which was straight after the last mocks, feeling fairly confident!

Love the confidence! it never hurts to plan ahead :five:
Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
Still haven't started yet cause these mfers think doing trashy textbook exercises (that are nothing like actual exam questions) takes priority

Haha good point - work smart, not hard :cool:
Original post by Vic Vinegar
That's so annoying! Hopefully you're not feeling overwhelmed with it all? If I was in that situation I'd focus a bit more on revising for the actual exams rather than the mocks.

Sounds like a plan - it's so important to still have time to do the things you enjoy :smile:

Love the confidence! it never hurts to plan ahead :five:

Haha good point - work smart, not hard :cool:

Agreed, which is why I'm still trying to keep up hobbies to some extent now. I can always improve them in summer, and hopefully build on them by joining societies in university (if I manage it, ofc).

I plan ahead to some extent... so at least I have a direction to go.

And for working smart... at this point I just spam past papers for revision... except stuff I'm weak/careless on.
Reply 7
I been answering unanswered questions and have come to the realisations that my fellow students were still getting homework and that this was not necessarily relevant to their exam. Some were still being taught and not yet through the syllabus, some were doing the NEA's, some their Advanced Extension Award, some were having to self-learn part of the syllabus, some were preoccupied with their extracurricular activities. On top of his their has been Mocks in January,February and March and additionally Teacher strikes. All of which makes it very difficult to get any revision done.

If you find the time these links may help you.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/how-to-study-effectively-for-your-exams

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/the-revision-timetable-youll-actually-stick-to
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/

Sweet Treat with coffee or tea ask your parents/care giver

Spoiler

Quick Healthy Smoothies

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sleep hygiene

Spoiler

All the best...

:hello:
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Ambergris
I been answering unanswered questions and have come to the realisations that my fellow students were still getting homework and that this was not necessarily relevant to their exam. Some were still being taught and not yet through the syllabus, some were doing the NEA's, some their Advanced Extension Award, some were having to self-learn part of the syllabus, some were preoccupied with their extracurricular activities. On top of his their has been Mocks in January,February and March and additionally Teacher strikes. All of which makes it very difficult to get any revision done.

If you find the time these links may help you.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/how-to-study-effectively-for-your-exams

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/the-revision-timetable-youll-actually-stick-to
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/

Sweet Treat with coffee or tea ask your parents/care giver

Spoiler

Quick Healthy Smoothies

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sleep hygiene

Spoiler

All the best...

:hello:

Thanks...

Will be helpful.
Reply 9
I started in January and made a revision schedule but it’s so hard to keep track of everything 🥲🥲🥲 I take A level Psychology, Biology and Music and I guess my teachers weren’t kidding when they said their subject is content heavy 💀💀
Original post by pochuku
I started in January and made a revision schedule but it’s so hard to keep track of everything 🥲🥲🥲 I take A level Psychology, Biology and Music and I guess my teachers weren’t kidding when they said their subject is content heavy 💀💀

tO SOME extent it is, for psychology and the essays.

Quick Reply

Latest