The Student Room Group

School property damage

Basically, me and my other friend walked into our music room, cause we saw our friend there. There's basically 3 smaller separate music rooms, in the main music room. So basically, my friend was in one of the smaller music rooms, but put his foot in the way, so I got a little frustrated and basically pushed the door, but for some reason the glass on the door literally fell off and shattered, and then then I got called into the main officer, blah blah blah, they called my mum saying I'd probably get a suspension and that she'd have to pay. Is there any way I'd be able to make it so I could avoid her being charged for my actions? They didn't specify the amount of the damages. Please help.
Reply 1
please help guys
Reply 2
holy **** please help
Door broke due to wear and tear, so you are not liable. Tell them it's a civil matter and they should take it to court if they believe you have responsibility to pay.

Ask chat gpt (I'm sure your family with it), tell it what happened and ask it for specific laws relevant and ask how you have not broke them. Then ask it to write a very stern letter to the head. Mention Court in there somewhere.

The thing will schools and teacher's go on a power trip until real world effects occur. You just have to put them in their place.

You need to be completely formal and Civil as frustrating as it is, just stay calm state the facts AND DO NOT PAY. Do not come across as rude, you have the right to be rude, but you'll make life difficult and them less responsive. Once you've knocked up the letter and given it, be overly reasonable with the teachers and be nice (it works trust me) the second a teacher becomes rude or flippant leave the conversation asap, since they mentally won't the be able to accept that they have got things wrong. That's why send letter straight to head. If you place things right and are nice, it should be resolved.

If you cannot avoid being angry and rude with the teachers or the teachers are not responsive (even the head) that's when you'll need to escalate things with another letter
Reply 4
Original post by nopey123
Door broke due to wear and tear, so you are not liable. Tell them it's a civil matter and they should take it to court if they believe you have responsibility to pay.

Ask chat gpt (I'm sure your family with it), tell it what happened and ask it for specific laws relevant and ask how you have not broke them. Then ask it to write a very stern letter to the head. Mention Court in there somewhere.

The thing will schools and teacher's go on a power trip until real world effects occur. You just have to put them in their place.

You need to be completely formal and Civil as frustrating as it is, just stay calm state the facts AND DO NOT PAY. Do not come across as rude, you have the right to be rude, but you'll make life difficult and them less responsive. Once you've knocked up the letter and given it, be overly reasonable with the teachers and be nice (it works trust me) the second a teacher becomes rude or flippant leave the conversation asap, since they mentally won't the be able to accept that they have got things wrong. That's why send letter straight to head. If you place things right and are nice, it should be resolved.

If you cannot avoid being angry and rude with the teachers or the teachers are not responsive (even the head) that's when you'll need to escalate things with another letter

literally a ******* life saver, chatgpt works so effectively. thank yoiu
Reply 5
update: they gave a punishment of a suspension TOMORROW, which is a strike day, so it didn't matter either way, and that i didn't have to pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending