The Student Room Group

Australian moving to the UK

Hey! I'm from Aus and moving to the UK for med school this coming August. Anyone else coming from Australia and moving their life to the UK for uni?!
May I know the reason why you move from Aus to UK? Because im considering the other way round
Original post by southpacific
May I know the reason why you move from Aus to UK? Because im considering the other way round

My guy have you seen medical school fees in Australia for internationals 😅 you must be mad or just have a lot of money to consider it. The nhs isn’t great but atleast you’ll get some grants etc
I do know a lot of Australians and kiwis move to uk due to our accessibility to mainland Europe and travelling which just isn’t something that’s possible for them back home
Original post by ALEreapp
My guy have you seen medical school fees in Australia for internationals 😅 you must be mad or just have a lot of money to consider it. The nhs isn’t great but atleast you’ll get some grants etc
I do know a lot of Australians and kiwis move to uk due to our accessibility to mainland Europe and travelling which just isn’t something that’s possible for them back home

No, Im not going for med school. It's just the OP
UK med school also costs like 50k per year for internationals. Are u sure its the best value for money? Im not being negative, but UK economy and healthcare system feel like a sinking boat

Hey !! Yeah sure. I've tried to get into med school in Aus for the last 6 years and have had no luck. Decided to apply internationally as I'm lucky enough to be in the position to do so, and got an offer, so that's why I'm going :smile: I also wanted to move to the UK anyway :smile:
No, Im not going for med school. It's just the OP
UK med school also costs like 50k per year for internationals. Are u sure its the best value for money? Im not being negative, but UK economy and healthcare system feel like a sinking boat

Uk med school is seen internationally as one of the best in the world. It’s very easy to get blindsided by the media but I can assure you it’s not just uk, healthcare professional shortages are global and other countries including places like USA and Australia are suffering the same problems we just don’t see it on our media… the grass isn’t really greener I’m afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending