The Student Room Group

Second Masters funding

This has probably been answered as I have seen the thread, but I am struggling to post this question because it has perhaps been closed or if it has not been closed will not allow any further questions because the initial question was asked four years ago.
But this is what I was going to ask. I'm a little late to this thread and probably know the answer to this question from what I have read so far. I am curious as to whether or not the Master's funding is like the bachelor's degree in that if the 2nd degree you are studying/applying for is in a sort after profession, such as teaching, medicine and engineering etc., and your 1st degree is in something like sociology; you can get another bachelor funding from student finance.

I ask because I have a Bachelor's and a Masters' degree in Social History and have just started another degree in engineering; Student Finance England funds that. However, it is not an integrated Master's as I am not interested in the managerial units they are offering because it is not an area I am into so I have been looking around and have found a couple that covers the areas I am interested in and will likely grant me the CEng title after further training.

Suppose it is the case that I cannot get a second Master's funding (which is the way my thinking is going). Is there other funding available, i.e. a list of employers who are willing to provide financing like a grad scheme, where you work for them four days a week and have day release to university, or a type of scholarship where they fund you for the year, and then you work for them after you have graduated.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sam.Taylor88
This has probably been answered as I have seen the thread, but I am struggling to post this question because it has perhaps been closed or if it has not been closed will not allow any further questions because the initial question was asked four years ago.
But this is what I was going to ask. I'm a little late to this thread and probably know the answer to this question from what I have read so far. I am curious as to whether or not the Master's funding is like the bachelor's degree in that if the 2nd degree you are studying/applying for is in a sort after profession, such as teaching, medicine and engineering etc., and your 1st degree is in something like sociology; you can get another bachelor funding from student finance.

I ask because I have a Bachelor's and a Masters' degree in Social History and have just started another degree in engineering; Student Finance England funds that. However, it is not an integrated Master's as I am not interested in the managerial units they are offering because it is not an area I am into so I have been looking around and have found a couple that covers the areas I am interested in and will likely grant me the CEng title after further training.

Suppose it is the case that I cannot get a second Master's funding (which is the way my thinking is going). Is there other funding available, i.e. a list of employers who are willing to provide financing like a grad scheme, where you work for them four days a week and have day release to university, or a type of scholarship where they fund you for the year, and then you work for them after you have graduated.

Hi Sam,

For MSc Masters in Engineering, most universities have a part-time option where you have taught contact hours either 1 or 2 days at the university. I know some employers fund their employees to study a part-time Masters course particularly if it is directly related to the job they are doing and would help them become better, but it is entirely down to the employer on whether they would provide the funding.

It may also be worth looking at the scholarships offered by the university to help fund your Masters degree.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending