The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Speech and Language Therapy MMedSci Interview Guidance?

I have been offered an interview at Sheffield, and was just wondering what to expect. A lot of experiences posted are a bit old now and include group/written tasks, but with it being remote now I am not too sure if that is applicable.

Not looking for specifics as I know universities like to keep it a bit hush, but if anyone can tell me how theirs was structured?

It is the only university I have applied to so naturally I am really eager to be offered a place.
Hey do you know theres a speech and language thread for 2023? Lots of posts on there re applications at all sorts of uni's. Worth checking out
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Ashley_2
Hey do you know theres a speech and language thread for 2023? Lots of posts on there re applications at all sorts of uni's. Worth checking out

I'm pretty sure that thread is for the undergrad SLT course, I am applying for the masters so information is really limited it seems!
Original post by clnarlotte
I'm pretty sure that thread is for the undergrad SLT course, I am applying for the masters so information is really limited it seems!

There are some MSc comments too... I have applied for the MSC at Leeds Beckett, not sheffield though so can't help with interview prep!
Have you not had any guidance at all?
Reply 4
Original post by Ashley_2
There are some MSc comments too... I have applied for the MSC at Leeds Beckett, not sheffield though so can't help with interview prep!
Have you not had any guidance at all?

Literally none! My email said that they would confirm the arrangements the day before, I am assuming with the link and what not since it is online but they haven't stated if it's a standard question-answer type interview or if there are tasks. There is an email I can use to ask questions but I fear trying to get clarification or ''get ahead'' would make me look bad? Proper over-thinking it. I will have a look at that thread though.
Original post by clnarlotte
Literally none! My email said that they would confirm the arrangements the day before, I am assuming with the link and what not since it is online but they haven't stated if it's a standard question-answer type interview or if there are tasks. There is an email I can use to ask questions but I fear trying to get clarification or ''get ahead'' would make me look bad? Proper over-thinking it. I will have a look at that thread though.

I'd get clarification if I was you... it won't look bad! When is it??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending