The Student Room Group

Issues and Debates

Hiya!
Can anyone help me with the structure for this question below or suggest points I should use? I've been away so haven't really revised this subject enough for the essay question due soon.

'Discuss issues and debates in Psychology, making reference to theoretical
perspectives and research studies.' 16 marks
Original post by Myaelli3
Hiya!
Can anyone help me with the structure for this question below or suggest points I should use? I've been away so haven't really revised this subject enough for the essay question due soon.

'Discuss issues and debates in Psychology, making reference to theoretical
perspectives and research studies.' 16 marks

Sure, here's an outline you can use for your essay:

I. Introduction

Define key terms: issues, debates, theoretical perspectives, research studies
Briefly introduce the importance of discussing issues and debates in psychology

II. Issues and Debates in Psychology

Provide an overview of the major issues and debates in psychology, such as nature vs. nurture, free will vs. determinism, and reductionism vs. holism
Discuss how these issues and debates have evolved over time and how they continue to shape the field of psychology today

III. Theoretical Perspectives

Describe some of the major theoretical perspectives in psychology, such as behaviorism, humanism, cognitive psychology, and evolutionary psychology
Discuss how these perspectives differ in terms of their assumptions, methods, and applications

IV. Research Studies

Select a few key research studies that illustrate the issues and debates in psychology and the different theoretical perspectives
Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of these studies, and how they have contributed to our understanding of psychology

V. Conclusion

Summarize the main points of the essay
Highlight the importance of understanding issues and debates in psychology, and the role of theoretical perspectives and research studies in shaping our knowledge of the field.
Reply 2
Original post by Curious_Bilawi
Sure, here's an outline you can use for your essay:

I. Introduction

Define key terms: issues, debates, theoretical perspectives, research studies
Briefly introduce the importance of discussing issues and debates in psychology

II. Issues and Debates in Psychology

Provide an overview of the major issues and debates in psychology, such as nature vs. nurture, free will vs. determinism, and reductionism vs. holism
Discuss how these issues and debates have evolved over time and how they continue to shape the field of psychology today

III. Theoretical Perspectives

Describe some of the major theoretical perspectives in psychology, such as behaviorism, humanism, cognitive psychology, and evolutionary psychology
Discuss how these perspectives differ in terms of their assumptions, methods, and applications

IV. Research Studies

Select a few key research studies that illustrate the issues and debates in psychology and the different theoretical perspectives
Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of these studies, and how they have contributed to our understanding of psychology

V. Conclusion

Summarize the main points of the essay
Highlight the importance of understanding issues and debates in psychology, and the role of theoretical perspectives and research studies in shaping our knowledge of the field.

Ah this is perfect, I can't thank you enough!!

Quick Reply

Latest