The Student Room Group

Is it possible to score CCC in A Levels with sheer subject knowledge alone?

Just wondering
Original post by Muichiro Tokito
Just wondering

Yes if you show your understanding by applying it the correctly to the question being asked in the paper rather than the one you would prefer.:rolleyes:

If and only if (iff) you also have good time manageable and and answer every question in each paper you'll get more then three "C." Maybe even three "A" but that depends if it modular exam and the level of grades you already held, if held and any coursework mark.:rolleyes:

However time is short and you need to knuckle down and ensure you cover and understand the syllabus that is the only thing that is going to be in the papers you'll sit in May/June. :rolleyes:

You just need to recognise it, remember and apply correctly that knowledge. :wink:

Hypercorrection effect:

All the best...

:hello:
Hope so!

I'm struggling with my subjects, always achieving an E or D in politics essays, but getting B's and A's in Business, Media is the same as politics. I just dont understand how i am supposed to remember such broad topics FULL of information, AND master essay writing (which my college/teachers have not provided any help or tips with FYI).

I am good at writing essays for Business because it's my best subject and I love it. I dont understand the other two. Media is way to subjective and broad
Original post by Muichiro Tokito
Just wondering
Original post by Jayden04
Hope so!

I'm struggling with my subjects, always achieving an E or D in politics essays, but getting B's and A's in Business, Media is the same as politics. I just dont understand how i am supposed to remember such broad topics FULL of information, AND master essay writing (which my college/teachers have not provided any help or tips with FYI).

I am good at writing essays for Business because it's my best subject and I love it. I dont understand the other two. Media is way to subjective and broad @Jayden04

It is always useful to get into the habit of writing the A-level board and the syllabus. I recommend you access your syllabus as you go along in your revision for Media and Politics. Try and locate paper walkthroughs and question structure videos for your board. if you find a suitable site perhaps there will be other things that will assist. I am glad that you are good at writing Business studies essays but there is always room for improvement so see if you can find videos for this.

This needs adapting for the remaining time you have left...if you decide to follow along.

A-level Media

All the best...
Original post by Ambergris
It is always useful to get into the habit of writing the A-level board and the syllabus. I recommend you access your syllabus as you go along in your revision for Media and Politics. Try and locate paper walkthroughs and question structure videos for your board. if you find a suitable site perhaps there will be other things that will assist. I am glad that you are good at writing Business studies essays but there is always room for improvement so see if you can find videos for this.

This needs adapting for the remaining time you have left...if you decide to follow along.

A-level Media

All the best...

Thank you!

I will of course follow along and try my best, because even though I'm not planning on going to university, A-Levels will surely be invaluable to me at some point.

Thank you for sending me some videos too, I'll check them out tonight!

Quick Reply

Latest