The Student Room Group

Medicine without a level biology

I do a level maths physics and chem. Does anyone know anyone who has gotten into med without bio?
Original post by Wan bissaka
I do a level maths physics and chem. Does anyone know anyone who has gotten into med without bio?

newcastle uni doesnt have any specific subject requirements. there are some med schools that will accept chemistry with 1 or more science such as maths or physics if u don’t have bio. I suggest doing some research, you can still apply to med but first find a list of all uk med schools, go to each unis website and look at the entry requirements. hope this helps!
Original post by med.33333
newcastle uni doesnt have any specific subject requirements. there are some med schools that will accept chemistry with 1 or more science such as maths or physics if u don’t have bio. I suggest doing some research, you can still apply to med but first find a list of all uk med schools, go to each unis website and look at the entry requirements. hope this helps!

Thanks, do you personally know anyone who has gotten in without bio?
Thanks, do you personally know anyone who has gotten in without bio?

I think someone in my school but I didnt know them personally. it definitely is possible, if you meet the subject requirements, then that’s fine and you should focus on your grades, ucat score and interview skills which are more important. a few med schools say chem OR bio, or just chem and something else.

List of med schools and their subject requirements here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5611422
Reply 5
I did. And despite geographical limitations on where I could apply, there were universities I could reasonably apply to. Easier to get in without biology than without chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending