The Student Room Group

Application for economics

If I only get predicted grade A for economics but A* for math and further math, will it strongly affect the application for economics in Cambridge or LSE?
If I get a prize in John Locke essay competition, will it increase the probability to apply the economics in Cambridge or LSE?
Thank you for suggestions!
Original post by Shuyu Lin Angela
If I only get predicted grade A for economics but A* for math and further math, will it strongly affect the application for economics in Cambridge or LSE?
If I get a prize in John Locke essay competition, will it increase the probability to apply the economics in Cambridge or LSE?

That's certainly better than an A* prediction in economics and A in either maths subject.
You have FIVE UCAS choices - look also at Bristol, Warwick, Bath and Manchester.
Original post by Shuyu Lin Angela

cambridge and lse are both ultra competitive. most applicants have at least 3A* and they may not take too kindly to the fact that econ isn't an A*

you're not guaranteed a place if you win the competition, and you're not guaranteed a rejection if you don't win. either way, winning doesn't affect the outcome of your application too much - grades are the most important part in my opinion, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending