The Student Room Group

I have low attendance, is it okay?

I have an attendance of around 60%, this is mostly due to family issues (which were authorised) and repeatedly getting Covid/other illnesses.

I also skipped the classes I did not sign up for (Religion & Philosophy, Tutor) which must have contributed a lot to this low attendance score, but I use that time to work on my actual subjects, which are Art & Design, Photography and Psychology, where I have predicted B grades in each of them.

I always hand in my work on time and have been told my work is great in art and photography, and as they are coursework based and I can easily do them at home and get everything done.

I only have two weeks left before my Easter break starts and I won't have any classes after that as it is all exam work, so it's not like I can exactly turn it around now, however I just wanted to know if this low attendance matters given my circumstances?
I can relate to this and I would personally say that it seems ok - the absences were authorised. You said about classes you didn't sign up for - why would you have to go to them?

Hope it all works out well :hugs:
Depends on the sixth form / college
I went to a small one with around 100 people per year and then would have meetings if the attendance was below 95% (we also had to be there all day every day even if we didn't have lessons). However there are ones where there are around 500 per year or more and only go in for certain lessons in which they don't monitor the attendance as closely.
Original post by iL1L
I can relate to this and I would personally say that it seems ok - the absences were authorised. You said about classes you didn't sign up for - why would you have to go to them?

Hope it all works out well :hugs:

Thank you! They were mandatory classes and I attended all of them last year but no other students had so I thought it was quite unfair and eventually just started using that time to do my own work.
May I ask which year you are in? :smile:
Original post by iL1L
May I ask which year you are in? :smile:

I am in my final year/year 13!
Religion and philosophy classes confuse me for that year group (but I don't do A-levels so that might be why I haven't come across that) but surely tutor time is helpful?
Original post by iL1L
Religion and philosophy classes confuse me for that year group (but I don't do A-levels so that might be why I haven't come across that) but surely tutor time is helpful?

My year 12 tutorials were helpful, and the year 13 tutorials were common knowledge/repeats of things from the year 12 tutorials so it was generally nothing we hadn't been taught before and there were never things they'd go over with us personally.

My college is also catholic and had mandatory religion classes as a result, but it falls on a Monday as my only class, where it's a 25-30 minute drive to get there for a 40 minute lesson and a 25-30 minute drive to get back home.
Original post by JamesMarks04
My year 12 tutorials were helpful, and the year 13 tutorials were common knowledge/repeats of things from the year 12 tutorials so it was generally nothing we hadn't been taught before and there were never things they'd go over with us personally.

My college is also catholic and had mandatory religion classes as a result, but it falls on a Monday as my only class, where it's a 25-30 minute drive to get there for a 40 minute lesson and a 25-30 minute drive to get back home.

Ah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending