The Student Room Group

Friends VS boyfriend

How do you tell your boyfriend you like someone else, but you still like your boyfriend and want to be with your boyfriend but you want to be with the guy you like at the same time. What to do?
I recommend talking to family about this
Original post by Thorn7274
I recommend talking to family about this

My family won’t listen, and I did try and talk to them before I came here but they won’t listen so that’s why I came here for advice.
Original post by Anonymous
My family won’t listen, and I did try and talk to them before I came here but they won’t listen so that’s why I came here for advice.

ok i am a male and if i was in a situation like this i would talk to someone I trust like a friend or a psychiatrist
Ok I’ll try talking to a friend about it and see what they think.
Ok I’ll try talking to a friend about it and see what they think.

let me know how it goes (if you want)
Original post by Thorn7274
let me know how it goes (if you want)

Ok I will let you know how it goes.
How do you tell your boyfriend you like someone else, but you still like your boyfriend and want to be with your boyfriend but you want to be with the guy you like at the same time. What to do?

Wait you want 2 boyfriends? No boyfriend will be happy with you having another boyfriend at the same time...
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Wait you want 2 boyfriends? No boyfriend will be happy with you having another boyfriend at the same time...

debatable but your not wrong
(edited 1 year ago)

No I don’t want to bfs I just don’t know which guy I should chose my bf or my best friend they are both amazing guys but my best friend knows me better and cares really deeply about me, but my bf doesn’t really know me and I know he cares but it doesn’t feel that way. That’s why it’s hard because they both care very deeply about me. It’s just complicated
Poor boyfriend lol…
If you are basically saying you want to date 2 people at once probably talk to your boyf about this (since you technically want to cheat without feeling guilty -- though it could cause a break up). He may be open to an open relationship.

Are you sure you actually like both of them. Maybe you don't like your boyf but he's safe since he's already with you and you don't want to get rid of what you have for someone else. Maybe you're bored of your boyf and saw someone else and want to leave so you're using liking someone else as an excuse. Its a sticky situation tbf.

Just don't cheat that's not fair on anyone
If you are basically saying you want to date 2 people at once probably talk to your boyf about this (since you technically want to cheat without feeling guilty -- though it could cause a break up). He may be open to an open relationship.

Are you sure you actually like both of them. Maybe you don't like your boyf but he's safe since he's already with you and you don't want to get rid of what you have for someone else. Maybe you're bored of your boyf and saw someone else and want to leave so you're using liking someone else as an excuse. Its a sticky situation tbf.

Just don't cheat that's not fair on anyone

To be honest I never really met anyone that has an open relationship
No I don’t want to bfs I just don’t know which guy I should chose my bf or my best friend they are both amazing guys but my best friend knows me better and cares really deeply about me, but my bf doesn’t really know me and I know he cares but it doesn’t feel that way. That’s why it’s hard because they both care very deeply about me. It’s just complicated

Ouch that does sound like a tough situation. Idk how old you are, but dating the best friend, if it doesn't work out, could end up very badly. But then again, he does sound like the more ideal boyfriend..
Ouch that does sound like a tough situation. Idk how old you are, but dating the best friend, if it doesn't work out, could end up very badly. But then again, he does sound like the more ideal boyfriend..

I’m 18 almost 19

iv been in something like this before

I agree data your best friend worked out for me...kind of
(edited 1 year ago)
How do you tell your boyfriend you like someone else, but you still like your boyfriend and want to be with your boyfriend but you want to be with the guy you like at the same time.

You don't. You tell your boyfriend you are breaking up with him because you are emotionally cheating, and subsequently stay single until you understand how relationships work.
That's not a fair position to put your boyfriend in. You're better off figuring out what you want on your own rather than confiding in him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending