The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The University of Edinburgh or St Andrew's University?

Hi, so I recently got back all my Uni offers, in them was an unconditional from St Andrews and an unconditional from Edinburgh, I am going to study a Maths and Physics degree however I'm not sure what Uni to pick.
Does anyone have any advice to help me decide? Whether that be what Uni is best for the degree I want to do, which one will open the most doors after graduating, which Uni has the best social life etc. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by valeria_19x
Hi, so I recently got back all my Uni offers, in them was an unconditional from St Andrews and an unconditional from Edinburgh, I am going to study a Maths and Physics degree however I'm not sure what Uni to pick.
Does anyone have any advice to help me decide? Whether that be what Uni is best for the degree I want to do, which one will open the most doors after graduating, which Uni has the best social life etc. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you! :smile:

Both are great unis. I'd say edinburgh probably has a better night life just because there's more to do. St andrews is pretty much a campus uni but UoE is city based. Edinburgh is part of the Russel group so if you want to go on to do research you might want to pick Edinburgh over St Andrews. The other thing is that St andrews has a bit of a reputation for having just rich/posh students whilst Edi would be more diverse. Cost of living wise, both are pretty expensive but st andrews is probably slightly cheaper. For STEM I would say edinburgh just edges it, but St Andrews also has its benefits. Its basically down to if you want to live in a busier city or a slightly out of the way coastal town.
(edited 11 months ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
They're both great. Far more nightlife in Edinburgh though.

Quick Reply

Latest