The Student Room Group

Is it important to wear sunscreen on body

I know SPF on face is important but should we apply it in our arms and other body parts. Also what is the best sunscreen for body that is affordable?
Reply 1
Yes, if you to a beach or hilly places, then you should need to wear sunscreen for the protection of your body...
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I know SPF on face is important but should we apply it in our arms and other body parts. Also what is the best sunscreen for body that is affordable?

Nivea and Garnier do well in tests for all-round performance and are affordable; buying too cheaply for something as important as sunscreen isn't advisable.

You should wear it every day, where ever you are, paying attention to places that are easy to miss, like ears, back of the neck and tops of feet. More info here:

https://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-prevention/sun-protection/sunscreen/
Original post by Anonymous

Boots's Soltan is usually a good price, and you can get high factors with 'Ultra' UVA protection. Obviously you don't need to be slathering on suncream on covered skin in the UK, but you should use a suncream if you're going out in the sun for a period of time on any exposed bare skin. It also obviously depends on your colouring to an extent. Mrs RC has got burnt hanging out lots of washing on a June morning...
Original post by Reality Check
Boots's Soltan is usually a good price, and you can get high factors with 'Ultra' UVA protection. Obviously you don't need to be slathering on suncream on covered skin in the UK, but you should use a suncream if you're going out in the sun for a period of time on any exposed bare skin. It also obviously depends on your colouring to an extent. Mrs RC has got burnt hanging out lots of washing on a June morning...

And there was I thinking that you're a gentleman... 😆
Original post by ageshallnot
And there was I thinking that you're a gentleman... 😆

She loves hanging out washing - it gives her a break from scrubbing floors :laugh:
Original post by Reality Check
She loves hanging out washing - it gives her a break from scrubbing floors :laugh:

Both those jobs are mine in the ASN household! 😆

Quick Reply