The Student Room Group

The different Kingdoms

Heya!,

I’m studying bio at a-level and I’m really confused about the different kingdoms within Bacteria, Archaea and Eukarya. The different sources online aren’t really helping.
Please help :frown:

Thank you!!
The Kingdoms are Animalia, Plantae, Fungi, Prokaryotae and Protoctista and the three domains are Bacteria, Archaea and Eukarya. The system with kingdoms was accepted before Archaea were discovered and could be identified as different from the other two. I hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
The Kingdoms are Animalia, Plantae, Fungi, Prokaryotae and Protoctista and the three domains are Bacteria, Archaea and Eukarya. The system with kingdoms was accepted before Archaea were discovered and could be identified as different from the other two. I hope this helps.

Thankyou so much!! :smile:
May I ask if prokaryotae belongs to Archaea or Bacteria?
prokaryotae are bacteria
Reply 4
Original post by Winta:)
Heya!,

I’m studying bio at a-level and I’m really confused about the different kingdoms within Bacteria, Archaea and Eukarya. The different sources online aren’t really helping.

Thank you!!

Heya!
If it helps, Study Mind has useful free bio revision notes on the topic you can use to understand the material better :h: Youtube is also a great source of info for specific topics!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study mind
Reply 5
Thankyou so much to both of you :smile: Have a great day!
Original post by Winta:)
Heya!,

Thank you!!

There are 5 kingdoms. Kingdom Animalia, Plantae, Bacteria, Fungi and Protista. Animals belonging to Kingdom Bacteria are mostly prokaryotes, and the rest of the kingdoms belong to Eukaryotes. Archaea domain mostly belongs to primitive organismsorganisms, which includes the prokaryotes. Prokaryotes are the organisms whose nucleus don't have nuclear membrane. Eukaryotes are the organisms whose nucleus are surrounded by nuclear membrane.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Nahida Raheman
There are 5 kingdoms. Kingdom Animalia, Plantae, Bacteria, Fungi and Protista. Animals belonging to Kingdom Bacteria are mostly prokaryotes, and the rest of the kingdoms belong to Eukaryotes. Archaea domain mostly belongs to primitive organismsorganisms, which includes the prokaryotes. Prokaryotes are the organisms whose nucleus don't have nuclear membrane. Eukaryotes are the organisms whose nucleus are surrounded by nuclear membrane.

Thankyou for your reply! But I’m even more confused now 😅
Is there no certain answer for the different types of kingdoms? Or does it vary?
Thankyou again!

Quick Reply