The Student Room Group

Would I be accepted to Oxford

Would I still have a chance getting into Oxford for an undergraduate music course if I got A*A*A* on my a levels which are Fine Art, Music, Psychology? Ive heard that these are “soft” subjects so I wouldn’t be likely to get an interview
@The_Lonely_Goatherd might be able to give some insight :smile:

I imagine you would be fine though. You're taking music (which I assume is required), an essay based subject, and a third subject. They interview 94% of applicants so I expect the major deciding factor will be your interview and written work, as long as you are predicted the standard offer.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Username908
Would I still have a chance getting into Oxford for an undergraduate music course if I got A*A*A* on my a levels which are Fine Art, Music, Psychology? Ive heard that these are “soft” subjects so I wouldn’t be likely to get an interview

Hiya,

As @artful_lounger said (thanks for the tag!) the overwhelming majority of applicants are interviewed. There is no expected subject combination for the Oxford music course so, as long as all areas of your application are strong and you're predicted at least AAA, then tiz all good. You should definitely apply if you like the look of the course content/structure and the tutorial system :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest