The Student Room Group

Question about A-level 2023 Exams

Hey, so I was one of the people who did the 2021 GCSE exams and for that We were aware that the 2020 paper was used. Now I am doing A-levels this year so I was thinking that are we doing the 2022 paper or the 2023? This question arises from when I was doing past paper revision and there was no 2022 past paper so I was wondering if that's the case...

Also can someone give me advice on how to use my time effectively, my exams are like 6 weeks away and it's hard not to freak out, and my grades aren't particularly as desireable as I want it to be..
Original post by Jihoooo
Hey, so I was one of the people who did the 2021 GCSE exams and for that We were aware that the 2020 paper was used. Now I am doing A-levels this year so I was thinking that are we doing the 2022 paper or the 2023? This question arises from when I was doing past paper revision and there was no 2022 past paper so I was wondering if that's the case...

Also can someone give me advice on how to use my time effectively, my exams are like 6 weeks away and it's hard not to freak out, and my grades aren't particularly as desireable as I want it to be..

There weren't any GCSE exams taken in summer 2021, so when you say "I was one of the people who did the 2021 GCSE exams", I assume you're talking about November 2021? Did you take exams then because you weren't happy with the centre-assessed grades? Or did you manage to take them in the summer of 2021 somehow even though the rest of the country didn't?

As GCSEs were cancelled in 2020, but they'd already created the papers by that time, it seems reasonable for them to have repurposed those papers when you took your exams.

There were A levels taken last year (2022), so if you're sitting your A levels in 2023 it won't be the 2022 papers. They'll be distinct 2023 papers.

The reason you can't find 2022 past papers is likely to be because they're still locked by the exam boards, and only available to teachers.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
There weren't any GCSE exams taken in summer 2021, so when you say "I was one of the people who did the 2021 GCSE exams", I assume you're talking about November 2021? Did you take exams then because you weren't happy with the centre-assessed grades? Or did you manage to take them in the summer of 2021 somehow even though the rest of the country didn't?

As GCSEs were cancelled in 2020, but they'd already created the papers by that time, it seems reasonable for them to have repurposed those papers when you took your exams.

There were A levels taken last year (2022), so if you're sitting your A levels in 2023 it won't be the 2022 papers. They'll be distinct 2023 papers.

The reason you can't find 2022 past papers is likely to be because they're still locked by the exam boards, and only available to teachers.

Thank you so muchhhh! This makes so much sense and it helped answering my question:smile:

And to answer your question we didn’t do like an actual GCSE, we did to tests which were the papers repurposed and that were locked by exam boards, in the summer of 2021. That was called ‘GCSE’ by our school as that’s were the grades came from, but our test was obviously assessed on limited topics (as were cancelled) compared to actual GCSE’s, I hope that makes sense 🤝
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Jihoooo
I hope that makes sense 🤝

It does. Thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply

Latest