The Student Room Group

Carbs a level bio

Hey. Why would this be the answer for this question?
My suggestion was: use real enzymes to break it down to get realstic digestion results. Can someone’s explain thanks
Original post by Tanyme
My suggestion was: use real enzymes to break it down to get realstic digestion results. Can someone’s explain thanks

What question!
Reply 3
The answer of the mark scheme
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
What question!

Hy i just posted it
Original post by Tanyme

What it is about the MS answer that you don't understand - is this a theory aspect, or just why they've chosen that as an answer?
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
What it is about the MS answer that you don't understand - is this a theory aspect, or just why they've chosen that as an answer?

Yh i dont understand why that would be the answer. Thanks!
Reply 7
Hy can someone help thanks!
Original post by Tanyme

i think you misunderstood the question. It doesn't ask about realistic results, it asks for a more suitable control experiment.

it's a control experiment so we can't use enzymes ( idk what u mean by real enzymes as amylase produced by salivary glands are still enzymes). the whole idea is to try to mimic the experiment without using the enzymes to compare how fast the rate of reaction is with/without the enzyme.

independent variable is the enzyme. but you can't magically take it out of the saliva so you would boil it instead to denature it.

Quick Reply

Latest