The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Regarding acceptance of Post Graduate Applicants

Is getting accepted into master's course at Imperial considered very easy?
Original post by Anonymous
Is getting accepted into master's course at Imperial considered very easy?

Very easy, probably not. Realistic, yes if you have the right background. What course and how far above the minimum entry qualifications are you ?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Very easy, probably not. Realistic, yes if you have the right background. What course and how far above the minimum entry qualifications are you ?

Believe me, Getting into any non-oxbridge uni is not a big deal for postgrads. I know many people including me who couldn't secure place at Oxbridge even after many attempts but got accepted at Imperial and KCL in a very first attempt.
Believe me, Getting into any non-oxbridge uni is not a big deal for postgrads. I know many people including me who couldn't secure place at Oxbridge even after many attempts but got accepted at Imperial and KCL in a very first attempt.

Why did you ask him the question if (a) you knew the answer, and (b) you'd already been accepted at Imperial?
On the whole, postgrad is easier than a well subscribed undergrad course, but that’s not to say that it is easy.

I reject good candidates all day long for postgrad, but we’re in the fortunate position of being a decent set of courses at a decent uni. Imperial may or may not be the same. It depends on the volume of applicants they get vs the number of spaces.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
Why did you ask him the question if (a) you knew the answer, and (b) you'd already been accepted at Imperial?

Having rescinded my offer to Imperial College, I intend to reapply to Oxbridge next year. I firmly believe that no university, aside from Oxbridge, possesses the remarkable global prestige that I seek.
Having rescinded my offer to Imperial College, I intend to reapply to Oxbridge next year. I firmly believe that no university, aside from Oxbridge, possesses the remarkable global prestige that I seek.

This is not a healthy attitude to have - even as a foreign applicant, Oxbridge isn't the be-all and end-all.

Lol
Reply 8
Original post by Reality Check
This is not a healthy attitude to have - even as a foreign applicant, Oxbridge isn't the

If a student hailing from overseas were to procure a loan of £30,000 to £40,000 per annum, it would be reasonable to assume that they would have high aspirations with regard to the standard of education they seek to attain. Moreover, persuading one's parents to foot the bill for tuition fees outside the hallowed halls of Oxford and Cambridge can prove to be an arduous undertaking.

Well good luck with that, but if the admissions team didn't think you were right for them last time, how likely is that to change in the future. Best do something impressive and relevant in the mean time.
Reply 10
Assuming you were a pupil at Imperial, did you not experience a sense of inferiority in comparison to students from Oxbridge?

Quick Reply

Latest