The Student Room Group

GCSE maths

Can somebody please explain how this question works, my answer is wrong according to the markscheme and it doesn’t make sense at all to me.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Kai4f
Can somebody please explain how this question works, my answer is wrong according to the markscheme and it doesn’t make sense at all to me.

Uh, this could be my eyes playing tricks on me or the question isn't posted. Let me know if I need to take another trip to the opticians.
Reply 2
05A65475-D73D-4B0B-BBFB-4DCFE10CE1E3.png
Original post by JA03
Uh, this could be my eyes playing tricks on me or the question isn't posted. Let me know if I need to take another trip to the opticians.
Original post by Kai4f
05A65475-D73D-4B0B-BBFB-4DCFE10CE1E3.png

I think this is more circle theorems and less triangle rules. I sucked at circle thereoms (don't tell my GCSE maths teacher).
There's probably a circle theorem thrown in there somewhere so I would take a look at those.
Reply 4
Original post by JA03
I think this is more circle theorems and less triangle rules. I sucked at circle thereoms (don't tell my GCSE maths teacher).
There's probably a circle theorem thrown in there somewhere so I would take a look at those.

Ahh okay thanks
Original post by Kai4f
Ahh okay thanks

Your lengths are incorrect. You've used the distances from the corners to the contact point with the circle, rather than the lengths of the actual sides of the triangle.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest